Aboard the QM2 in the Atlantic heading for NY

violetta58

Hi

I am on the trip of a lifetime (to celebrate my retirement )to New England and Canada.Its day four of a relatively smooth crossing.Today has been lovely and sunny as we proceed at nearly 21knots across the sea.

It's a full ship with 38 nationalities and 8 dogs and 2 cats! No complaints (except maybe the DJ in G32 who seems very disinterested in his job). I cant wait to sail into New York.:)

Ruth

Hi

I am on the trip of a lifetime (to celebrate my retirement )to New England and Canada.Its day four of a relatively smooth crossing.Today has been lovely and sunny as we proceed at nearly 21knots across the sea.

It's a full ship with 38 nationalities and 8 dogs and 2 cats! No complaints (except maybe the DJ in G32 who seems very disinterested in his job). I cant wait to sail into New York.:)

Ruth

How wonderful! Are you doing the EB crossing as well as the Canada/New England trip? What a great way to celebrate all of those years of hard work.

Do dress up warmly as you come in to New York. It is am amazing site, especially your first glimpse of the Statue of Liberty. Keep us updated on how your voyage is going. Hopefully the storms will have past by the time you sail in to New York:)

Thanks for all your comments,yes I am coming back on the EB crossing ,25 nights on the ship in all which is fantastic .Lets hope the storms clear for our arrival in New York on Fri am,I will be getting up early to see the sail in and have bought some warm clothing too!

World club party tonight gold and upwards.The top sailor couple had sailed with Cunard for 990 days and done both the maiden and final crossing of QE2 ,made our 123 days look rather low!! Must do more!

The ship appears to be functioning well since the refit and glides smoothly through the water as she should do.We had a force 7 yesterday and it hardly rocked.

Ruth

Thanks for all your comments,yes I am coming back on the EB crossing ,25 nights on the ship in all which is fantastic .Lets hope the storms clear for our arrival in New York on Fri am,I will be getting up early to see the sail in and have bought some warm clothing too!

World club party tonight gold and upwards.The top sailor couple had sailed with Cunard for 990 days and done both the maiden and final crossing of QE2 ,made our 123 days look rather low!! Must do more!

The ship appears to be functioning well since the refit and glides smoothly through the water as she should do.We had a force 7 yesterday and it hardly rocked.

Ruth

No worries, Violetta, the weather will be kind when you dock in NY...but don't dock too early as we are busy gluing leaves back on to the trees :) Should be a beautiful day in NY on Friday - hope you have a great time. Regards, -S.

Archived