Cost of Schonbrunn Palace tour on Viking

Babo02

No revolution in Austria-Hungary (or the Austrian Empire and the Kingdom of Hungary). It was one of 4 empires that collapsed as a result of losing WW-I (Germany, Russia, Turkey/Ottoman and Austria-Hungary). Two empires that did win and survive (Great Britain and France) were mortally wounded and died of their wounds after WW-II.

I can tell already that river cruisers are going to be an educated lot. ;) Between now and April I'm going to need to study up on my history in order to keep up in conversation. Bring it on...the game is afoot :D

True and the multi-national citizens of the Austrian-Hungarian empire did not starve before WW-I.

This marking 100 years after "the great war" I've attempted to understand that conflict. Still how the civilized world could tumble into such carnage blows my mind. It went far beyond Ferdinand being shot in Sarajevo. 16 million dead ! :eek: I do believe that World War II in Europe was simply an extension of the first war, so to understand WWII we must comprehend WWI. I do think that the underlying cause of all wars from mythical Troy to the modern Middle East has been hegemony...like two football teams over the line of scrimmage.

This marking 100 years after "the great war" I've attempted to understand that conflict. Still how the civilized world could tumble into such carnage blows my mind. It went far beyond Ferdinand being shot in Sarajevo. 16 million dead ! :eek: I do believe that World War II in Europe was simply an extension of the first war, so to understand WWII we must comprehend WWI. I do think that the underlying cause of all wars from mythical Troy to the modern Middle East has been hegemony...like two football teams over the line of scrimmage.

You are absolutely correct. The war started as a chain reaction with alliances playing an important role and the firm belief that it would be over within months. The first half of the 20th century was a European disaster. I think that hegemony is not the only reason for modern war.

We just did this on a land trip. It's €2 something on the train from the Opera and is 6 stops. Very easy to find. Subway system was great. There were a couple of tour options. We paid €11 for the shorter one and then wandered around the gardens.

Super easy to do yourself and the Christmas market is on the grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk