Going to the airport in San Juan

SOMBRERO6

Can you carry off your luggage and go directly to a cab and head to the airport for a noon flight?

Yes, this is the easiest and fastest way to get to the airport. They are plentiful. There is a taxi dispatcher at the ports that will give you a ticket with the price and direct you to a waiting cab.

Noon flights are easily doable.

What would you think of a flight at 10 :40 if Im self disembarking?

On my last trip to San Juan, I was off the ship by 7:30 am and sitting at the departure gate by 9a.m., so a 10:40 flight is doable, but if you run into any delays, you may have a problem.

It pretty much depends on getting off the ship as early as possible which is usually 7am at the earliest and maybe later for some ships. You would also need to get through customs, the agricultural inspection, and security at the airport quickly. The lines get long at security at the airport, but if you get there early, they will be shorter. It also will depend on how quickly you can check your bags at the airport. If you encountered a long line for check-in, that might cause a delay.

Personally, 11 am is about as early as I'd be comfortable booking a flight just to be safe, but if I was feeling extra brave, I might consider 10:40.

What would you think of a flight at 10 :40 if Im self disembarking?

Just got back from our Carnival Victory cruise this past weekend - while a 10:40 flight is doable, I wouldn't risk it and that's just me. One delay and you are SOL

• 1 month later...

Hello - our flight leaves at 11:43 - and this flight was ok with Choice Air so I guess the timing is OK. My questions are: Do we do walk off ship in San Juan or wait until called? How much is the taxi fare from port to airport? This would be for 4 people and accompanying luggage.

Thanks for any experienced responders - really appreciate it! Barbara

Just got back from our Carnival Victory cruise this past weekend - while a 10:40 flight is doable, I wouldn't risk it and that's just me. One delay and you are SOL

You'd be stuck in the Caribbean for another day! Imagine the horrors! :D

Archived