Documents with Guaranteed Cabin

tmcraine

Since this is the first time I've booked a guaranteed balcony cabin, will I still get my documents in the mail as usual, just without a cabin assignment on them? If not, do you at least get something to show you're booked on the ship? thanks.

You'll get your documents as usual but with some generic luggage tags.

Once you arrive at port, the sea cap will look up your cabin number and give you new tags.

Word of advice: Print adhesive labels with your name, address, and include a section to write in your cabin assignment. Take a sharpie with you to write in the cabin assignment. You can then slap the label onto the new tags. Saves some time in writing the information on the new tags.

I did this on my last cruise. The sea cap was impressed.

I recently sailed on the Carnival Legend out of NYC with a TBA cabin assignment. I was mailed with my ticket "grey" TBA luggage tags. Carnival had a desk set up outside the main door with the manifest of cabin assignments. The porters would not take my luggage until I had a cabin number written on the tag. The Carnival representative at the desk looked up my cabin, gave me the number and I wrote it on the tag. I did not have to change luggage tags. Knowing this, I brought a sharpie pen. I then just turned around and gave a porter my luggage. All went well as my luggage was at my cabin approximately one hour after boarding.

KAren--- was the assignment on the front?

Sometimes an assignment is given with the documetn son the back of the sign and sail page. All cabin asignments are usually done within 72 hours before sailing.

We also booked a guarantee and when our docs came, the rooms were on there. In fact I called about 6-7 weeks prior to sailing and asked them our room numbers..and they gave them to me. We got our docs about 5 weeks out to sailing. We leave in 3 weeks!! :D

I received my documents yesterday and there is still no cabin number. I booked a 8A guarante. The only thing it states on this is Skipper's Club -VIP check-in. Does anyone know what this means?

I received my documents yesterday and there is still no cabin number. I booked a 8A guarante. The only thing it states on this is Skipper's Club -VIP check-in. Does anyone know what this means?

That means you have been upgraded to a cat 11 or 12! congrats!! When you get to the dock, follow the Skippers club line. They will move you on faster and you won't have to wait in line as long (usually!)

June

woohoo-- sounds like you got a SUITE deal there. Check your sign and sail page==the back on the bottom....look for your booking number. Bet the cabin number is right after it. WHen did you book?

Thanks for the info. I checked the back of my sign and sail card. The cabin no is 7230. You know I immediately went to the Carnival website. It is a suite!!!! Yipeee. I booked this cruise June of last year. We went on the same cruise last year. I surprised my fiance. It was his father's day present. Since we had such a great time, I decided to do it again.

I am so excited.

Archived