Dolphin Push/Pull/Swim -- can we stay to snorkel?

kath00

Hi there,

I just booked this excursion for our Spring 2013 cruise. We'd however like to stay in the park and snorkel afterward at Chankanaab. Is that an option? I don't know if the dolphin area is located by the snorkeling area or not. I don't mind paying extra for admission to the snorkeling area or taking a taxi back. This excursion says it's only 3 1/2 hours and we would not be in a huge hurry to get back...

Katherine

Your dolphin swim comes with admission to Chankanaab. No worries. They are all together.

The dolphin part is straight ahead as you walk through the gates and the beach and snorkeling is to your left.

Here's a few of my reviews of the two times we've been to Chankanaab over the last year along with our dolphin review. At the end of the reviews you'll find links to click on that will take you to all of our pictures. Chankanaab is BEAUTIFUL with a lot to do there. You'll love it.

Review from September 2011: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...0&postcount=59

Review from March 2012: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...0&postcount=48

Dolphin Swim: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30692077&postcount=65

Wow, thank you so much for the links to your fabulous reviews!! The pix are amazing. So you just took a cab there, paid the admission fee and went for it? I think we may just do that instead of the ship tour one, although with the $10 cab and $21 admission feel, it is only $5 less than what they are charging us on the Allure...

Katherine

Wow, thank you so much for the links to your fabulous reviews!! The pix are amazing. So you just took a cab there, paid the admission fee and went for it? I think we may just do that instead of the ship tour one, although with the $10 cab and $21 admission feel, it is only $5 less than what they are charging us on the Allure...

Katherine

If you plan on doing any of the dolphin swims, you will have to book ahead of time. I wouldn't risk walking up and trying to get in and them not having any room to add you. Plus, like I said it includes the admission to Chankanaab Park. :D

But yes, you just grab a taxi outside the pier (there are tons there waiting to take you there). There are tons waiting to take you back too. They have a turn around area out front where they drop you off at (and a guy in the front has a sheet he keeps track of the cabs coming in and the passengers head count) and he has a radio. They are not allowed to park there. There is a parking area beside it where they will sit. When you are ready to leave, he will radio a cab sitting there and they will drive over and pick you up. It's a great system they have going there. :)

Don't forget if you don't do the dolphin swim, use the coupon in my review to get $2.00 off the admission price.

If you plan on doing any of the dolphin swims, you will have to book ahead of time. I wouldn't risk walking up and trying to get in and them not having any room to add you. Plus, like I said it includes the admission to Chankanaab Park. :D

But yes, you just grab a taxi outside the pier (there are tons there waiting to take you there). There are tons waiting to take you back too. They have a turn around area out front where they drop you off at (and a guy in the front has a sheet he keeps track of the cabs coming in and the passengers head count) and he has a radio. They are not allowed to park there. There is a parking area beside it where they will sit. When you are ready to leave, he will radio a cab sitting there and they will drive over and pick you up. It's a great system they have going there. :)

Don't forget if you don't do the dolphin swim, use the coupon in my review to get $2.00 off the admission price.

Thank you! We cancelled the dolphin swim today. We can always do that in Cabo when we go to the MR so we'd like to do something unique to the Caribbean. The snorkeling looks amazing so I think we'll stick to that. :D

Katherine

Thank you! We cancelled the dolphin swim today. We can always do that in Cabo when we go to the MR so we'd like to do something unique to the Caribbean. The snorkeling looks amazing so I think we'll stick to that. :D

Katherine

Have fun and make sure to come back and let us know how you liked it. :)

Archived