Fantasy Related Questions

tabbi_cakes

My boyfriend and I are taking our first cruise on the Carnival Fantasy in April 2013. It will be our 2 year anniversary / his birthday.

We booked an interior cabin on the Upper deck.

I understand that these rooms do not have a hairdryer, so I will pack my own. Also, I understand the outlet in the bathroom is for electric razors only. Is there a mirror in the cabin near an outlet, or should I bring an extension cord so I can see my hair as I dry it?

Also, I know some cabins on some ships have shampoo and conditioner provided. Does anyone know if the interior cabins on the upper deck have this?

What about refrigerators?

Thanks in advance for answers! :)

You do not need an extension cord to dry your hair there is an outlet by the desk area in your room. Big mirrow over the desk area. There is shampoo and body wash in your shower. I bring my own shampoo because it is not the best shampoo and of couse my conditioner. Hope this helps

My first cruise was on the Fantasy too! been on her 2 times after that.

As others posted desk area is a good place for the ladies to do their make up. No fridge in the room but you can bring a small collapsible cooler and pack it in your suitcase, have the room steward keep ice in it and keep it in the bathroom incase of leaks.

I am sure you like most of us here will find cruising a awesome vacation experiance! :)

Lonnie

Here's the most comprehensive, most wonderful Fantasy thread on the boards. I'm not just saying it because I started it, though. I'm totally impartial. :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182074&page=16

For these long threads, I tend to read backwards rather than start at the very beginning so that I'm not just reading a bunch of stuff that no longer applies. But all the recent posts have current info.

All Carnival ships have shampoo and body wash in the shower in all cabins. Since I assume you're driving to the port from Aiken, so no need to worry about luggage restrictions (other than the "usual" over-packing issues), you will probably want to bring your own shampoo and conditioner, as noted.

I also recommend you spend a little time reading through Carnival's FAQ section, too. A good deal of things about Carnival isn't ship-specific but applies fleet wide. Of course, different classes of ships have different layouts, different dining options, additional cabin categories, etc.

Do note that Fantasy is the oldest ship in the fleet, but she's well cared for. There are some recent reviews, too, that will give you lots of info. The easiest way to find threads is to go to "search" then "advanced search" and put "Fantasy review" in the search box, select thread titles only, then go over and select the Carnival board only.

If you're in one of the "sideways" interior cabins on Upper, you may want to consider moving. I was in U99 on Fascination and hated it. I swear the cabin was smaller than the typical insides and there was some sort of mechanical hum that made a "whump whump whump" sort of sound. It wasn't really the sound so much, but it was more like driving down the highway with one window partial down - it was like a strong air pressure that actually made my ears hurt in certain areas of the cabin. Anyway, I will never stay in one of those again.

I'm on Main for my upcoming B2B, and I've been on Empress, midship, too.

Anyway, hope you enjoy her.

You may not have any problems at all. I might have gotten the only sideways cabin on any of the 8 ships that had that issue. And it didn't bother DD as much as me (I've had inner ear issues in the past). I just personally would move to the next section aft (I would think there would be available cabins), and stay in the same category.

If you booked through a TA, then that's where you would have to go to make a change. But don't panic! I didn't mean to imply that you absolutely need to move!

There was no fridge in our cabin on the Fantasy, I think they are only in suites. Every cabin has the shampoo and body wash, but no conditioner :)

The buffet area is a fridge, as is the library!!!

Just a warning to bring something to wear to keep the chill off. They keep it COLD!!!

Otherwise, wonderful cruise.:) Glad you found Cruise Critic to get your questions answered.

Happy sails.

Kathy

Dont think they allow personal hairdryers on the ship (cant bring your own). I stayed in a OS (ocean suite) on V deck when I sailed on the fantasy back in 2010. It had a hair dryer and fridge. The other cabins wont. But not positive about the hairdryers. Your cabin may or may not have one.

My boyfriend and I are taking our first cruise on the Carnival Fantasy in April 2013. It will be our 2 year anniversary / his birthday.

We booked an interior cabin on the Upper deck.

I understand that these rooms do not have a hairdryer, so I will pack my own. Also, I understand the outlet in the bathroom is for electric razors only. Is there a mirror in the cabin near an outlet, or should I bring an extension cord so I can see my hair as I dry it?

Also, I know some cabins on some ships have shampoo and conditioner provided. Does anyone know if the interior cabins on the upper deck have this?

What about refrigerators?

Thanks in advance for answers! :)

Hairdryer should plug in in the room. You don't wanna use the low voltage one in the bathroom. Mirrors are huge you'll have no problems at all. No extension cords allowed I believe, per the carnival rules, (I could be wrong but I think it's on the list of prohibited things). But you'll be able to see your hair when you dry it.

The shampoo and conditioner, when I was on the ship last October, was a 2 in 1 deal that came out of a dispenser in the shower. It's not bad for a guy with short hair who doesn't care that much, but if you're a girl....bring your own good smelling stuff. You'll be glad you did. Not that the stuff in the room is bad, but my girlfriend was glad she brought her own.

There are no refrigerators in the room. Here's what I did to work around it.

Get to know your room steward. Treat him like he is the man. When mine first came in, I told him, "I don't care if you make the bed, I don't care if you take out the trash, the only thing I care about is having this bucket of ice full every time I look at it." I gave him $20, and for the rest of the cruise, he totally made up the beds, did everything else, and every time I looked in my ice bucket it was full. He was like an ice ninja. Sneaking in undetected and loading up my mini bar so that I always had ice cold shots for a week. Excellent stuff.

The sailing I went on was to Bermuda, from Charleston for about 6 days I think. Great time. You are going to love it no matter where you go!

I have been able to bring my small travel sized hair dryer with no problems on Fantasy for our last couple of sailings. There have been no hair dryers in any of the 3 cabins we have had on Fantasy.

There is a plug right by the mirror in the bedroom area of the cabin and a little stool for you to sit on to do your makeup and hair.

Archived