Hawaii portrait locations

schoolmom

Going on the Sapphire and will be on each island for less than a day each. Looking for good backdrop water locations to take portraits of my daughter. Any suggestions?

If your list of islands includes Maui and you tender in at Lahaina, the big banyan tree in the park right where you land (next to the Pioneer Inn) is a good background and because of the huge area shaded by the tree, it doesn't matter what time of day. The dock usually has an old two-mast sailing ship moored where you can get it and the ocean as a background. There is also an area open to the beach and water just to the north of that on Front Street that offers a view to where the ships usually anchor.

Oahu - Airzona Memorial, Hanauma bay and almost any hotel beachfront.

Kauai - The lighthouse on the point near the airport if you dock at Lihue (a bit of a walk)

Hawaii - Take the observatory tour from Hilo. A chance to get a photo with Hawaiian snow in the background and sweeping horizons all the way to the ocean from 14,000 ft. Alternatively, the coast at Volcanoes National Park by tour or car rental.

Dave

There are so many iconic places on each island, really comes down to what specific mood/background you are looking for.

If I was to pick one place it might be iconic diamond head from waikiki. We actually did some family portraits from the St Regis on Kauai with Mt waialeale in the background.... Another of my faviorites would be Pihea Peak but that would be a small hike with some lighting.

Going on the Sapphire and will be on each island for less than a day each. Looking for good backdrop water locations to take portraits of my daughter. Any suggestions?

330.jpg.0883d61ccd1ff25a5b96f2dc734aa0e6.jpg

755.jpg.86dd6093b494914904eacecdec203edb.jpg

625.jpg.4ac548c86ae00cf2312a9788be722100.jpg

610.jpg.0039b51812d15d58d0003ad6ca5a996f.jpg

There are so many iconic places on each island, really comes down to what specific mood/background you are looking for.

If I was to pick one place it might be iconic diamond head from waikiki. We actually did some family portraits from the St Regis on Kauai with Mt waialeale in the background.... Another of my faviorites would be Pihea Peak but that would be a small hike with some lighting.

Love the shots. That's what I'm looking for.

Archived