as a Newbie to cruising... I'd need your advice

Denpetter

Hey guys,

I and my husband are looking into a caribbean cruise vacation for the first time.

A very good friend of ours is likely to join us so we are kind of looking for a good party cruise.

We are all aged between 27 and 32.

So what do you recon we should go for?

an all gay cruise like Atlantis or RSVP, a gay group cruise such as Al and Chuck's or Pied Piper or simply just a Straight cruise?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

;)

Hey guys,

I and my husband are looking into a caribbean cruise vacation for the first time.

A very good friend of ours is likely to join us so we are kind of looking for a good party cruise.

So what do you recon we should go for?

an all gay cruise like Atlantis or RSVP, a gay group cruise such as Al and Chuck's or Pied Piper or simply just a Straight cruise?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

;)

For a good party cruise you won't be able to beat an RSVP cruise! Join us next February: RSVP on HAL's Eurodam from Ft. Lauderdale to Curacao and Aruba.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1575711

Or join us on the Atlantis Eastern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale on Feb 2. 8 day cruise. I promise you will have a great time whether you are circuit party types or more part of the early to bed crowd.

RSVPers are not early to bed types! :D

Early-to-bed types can be found on all cruises. ;)

Hey guys,

so we are kind of looking for a good party cruise.

;)

Your above statement says it all. So I would recommend the following:

Either RSVP Feb 9-16 Southern Caribbean on HAL Eurodam (or)

Atlantis Feb 2-10 Eastern Caribbean on RCI Independence of the Seas.

Personally I like RCI ships better. But either ship will be fun. It's just a personal preference. With the Independence you got the flow ride, Ice skating rink, rock climbing wall, huge interior promenade/mall, Viking Crown lounge/bar perched high around the ship's smoke stack, Johnny Rocks 50's diner + magnificent 3 story main dining room. The Eurodam is more of the traditional cruise ship with modern interiors, fine dining and beautiful lounges/bar.

Your above statement says it all. So I would recommend the following:

Either RSVP Feb 9-16 Southern Caribbean on HAL Eurodam (or)

Atlantis Feb 2-10 Eastern Caribbean on RCI Independence of the Seas.

Personally I like RCI ships better. But either ship will be fun. It's just a personal preference. With the Independence you got the flow ride, Ice skating rink, rock climbing wall, huge interior promenade/mall, Viking Crown lounge/bar perched high around the ship's smoke stack, Johnny Rocks 50's diner + magnificent 3 story main dining room. The Eurodam is more of the traditional cruise ship with modern interiors, fine dining and beautiful lounges/bar.

Thanks. The Independence of the seas looks like fun, and the guys in the Atlantis adds look gorgeous... Is that true or just advertising because RSVP adds don't have these kinds of pics?

We are all fit and blond nordic vikings, looking for a good time (party) on a cruise. :-)

Still not convinced, the rsvp looks fun but with a mature crowd. ( not a problem for me to be man candy, but it would be nice if my friend would find someone to play with )

How about the pools or the gym? We all love a good workout before heading off to the pool/sundeck. Any advice on that?

X, D

Wow, the RSVP cruise looks like fun. How about Atlantis or the GayGroup cruises? Anyone have any details or pics?

From what I see you are looking for it seems a gay charter is a better fit. You won't get quite the same level of parties on a gay group on a regular cruise.

and the guys in the Atlantis adds look gorgeous... Is that true or just advertising because RSVP adds don't have these kinds of pics?

If you look at the RSVP website you will also similar pretty/muscled ones - it's called marketing. ;)

We are all fit and blond nordic vikings, looking for a good time (party) on a cruise. :-)

Still not convinced, the rsvp looks fun but with a mature crowd. ( not a problem for me to be man candy, but it would be nice if my friend would find someone to play with )

There are plenty of good looking guys on RSVP too, and many are single and others are "somewhat single" ;)

The February Atlantis cruises are a bit more circuit-party like and with that maybe more twinkish and with more attitude. :D

If you want to dance till the sun comes up - Atlantis is your cruise. If you only want to dance till 2 am or 4 am, the RSVP is a better fit.

On either Atlantis or RSVP you will find a mix of ages - from 20's to 80's.

How about the pools or the gym? We all love a good workout before heading off to the pool/sundeck. Any advice on that?

The gyms are usually not that big and can get very, very busy. I avoid gyms on vacation. :D As for getting exercise in the pools, forget about that, they are too small.

There are a lot of Atlantis guys who look like the guys in the ads, and a fair number who don't.

I think Boytjie is right - a gay charter cruise like RSVP or Atlantis is what you are looking for.

In terms of choosing between the two in February, you might want to take a look at the two ships and see what they offer.

From the sounds of things, no matter which you choose you and your partner will have a good time.

(Btw, one day I am going to take an RSVP cruise just to meet Boytjie).

(Btw, one day I am going to take an RSVP cruise just to meet Boytjie).

Awwwww that's so sweet!

I have not excluded Atlantis completely as a possibility, but it won't be in February. :D Unless they have a super-duper itinerary. Yes, that too is important to me too. :)

Now booking a RSVP cruise.... Exciting! :-)

February Caribbean? Yippie! You will have fun and I can always arrange a group of admirers for the Viking Gods. :D

Now come join the roll call at the link I posted. :) Ask any questions you have about the cruise and get many answers.

Awwwww that's so sweet!

I have not excluded Atlantis completely as a possibility, but it won't be in February. :D Unless they have a super-duper itinerary. Yes, that too is important to m. :)

But I have the chance to meet you, right? ;)

How exciting.

February Caribbean? Yippie! You will have fun and I can always arrange a group of admirers for the Viking Gods. :D

Now come join the roll call at the link I posted. :) Ask any questions you have about the cruise and get many answers.

Lol, can't wait! :) see you on board the Eurodam! :p

Lol, can't wait! :) see you on board the Eurodam! :p

Same here. Join the roll call, ask questions and find out more about the people that will be on it. It is a bit quiet now but will soon get busier. I arrange a Cruise Critic meet-and-greet the first day at sea and it's always fun to meet old friends and new ones there.

Welcome to cruising... :p

I think the answer to your question is all of the above! But it is all a matter of perspective and expectations.

If you go on an all gay cruise, it will most likely be "party city" all the time, with lots of opportunities (or risks) of hook-ups, drinking, and high-energy fun. If that is what you seek, then an all gay cruise will be great.

If you like a mix of cruising, enjoying shore excursions, and really getting into the cruise experience... sea days, spa, formal dining room, food, conversation, etc... then a smaller group cruise may be your thing. There are still the discos at night, but nothing like what will be on an all gay cruise.

If you could care less about the partys and gay-centric fun events, then a regular cruise will give you a good cruise experience, intimate times with your husband and friends. The cruise will be more focused on you, not the experience of being in a gay party afloat.

I don't know where you live... but I live in a beachside resort community. So to be honest, there are things I can experience every day at home, so I don't choose my cruise for that. Personally, I also don't go on a cruise to go rock climbing, etc., either. I don't go on a cruise for non-stop partying. But that's me... not you. Just think about what you want your experience to be and then choose.

You will get opinions about all your options... and those opinions are appropriate for those offering them. Now... what do you want your cruise experience to be?

Do you and your husband need time together? or will being in a gay hot-house for a week be better? Both can be correct.

What is your budget? All gay cruises are very expensive compared to a regular or many group cruises. Your booze budget and other expenses will probably go up on an all gay cruise... but you could spend a lot on a regular cruise as well.

They have all these different options because we all have different goals.

Where are the departure ports and how much will it cost you to get to a particular port. Perhaps adding travel and hotel expense. Again, what's your budget?

I think you can, and probably will, have a good time no matter what you can afford and choose. Just think about what all of the options entail, because you have options... what works best for you... your personality... your pocketbook... and your relationship.

Happy sailing!

Thanks Kenito. We are more of the party type I'm afraid. We like a good party while on vacation so we chose the RSVP cruise to aruba and curacao.

My husband who is Dutch loves the idea of sailing Holland America to Aruba and Curacao.

Thanks. The Independence of the seas looks like fun, and the guys in the Atlantis adds look gorgeous... Is that true or just advertising because RSVP adds don't have these kinds of pics?

X, D

Remember, sex sells especially in the gay world. It's all marketing so the eye candy will be featured in their marketing material, but...the reality is far different. Don't worry...there is still plenty of eye candy on the ship. With either RSVP & Atlantis you will find a diverse group of gays from 18 to 80; from twinks and circuit party boys to older couples and bears. There is something for everyone. Roughly 50/50 singles to couples. Many people travel with groups of friends. RSVP tends to get a slightly older/more diverse crowd with a tad more women. You will find very few women on Atlantis.

Either ship has extensive gym and spa facilities plus multiple pools and jacuzzis that rival anything you will find on a land resorts or at your local gym at home. Not only does the the Independence of the seas free weights, cardio equipment, aerobics and spinning classes; it was it own boxing ring. The gym on a gay cruise is a very popular and busy as well as the steam room. :)

Thanks darling, I got the idea...

I tried to book the Atlantis cruise but they never contacted me despite my request. The RSVP However contacted me straight away...so I made up my mind

I am not trying to convince you to take Atlantis over RSVP. Do what's best for you. I've been on both charter companies and both provide an equally great experience. FYI-Atlantis owns RSVP. However, they are marketed as two separate companies with a tad different demographics and onboard experience.

http://www.atlantisevents.com/press.php?t=07-10-11

• 2 weeks later...

Any cruise is amazing, but if you can swing it, the gay cruises (RSVP and Atlantis) really bring the level of fun up several notches....

They bring special entertainment on board, and it is just nice to be in the majority for a change....no drama...everyone talks to everyone....you can hold your partner's hand on deck without looking around....just an overall great experience...

Thanks for all your advice.

you've all been very helpful.

We finally have our first cruise booked, sooo exciting.

My husband couldn't get time off work for february so we decided to take the Pied piper Post thanksgiving cruise leaving on Nov 25th, 2012.

I know the clientele is a bit older than on all Gay cruises but it seems to be a popular cruise.

And I'm really excited about cruising on the massive Allure of the Seas.

:p

Archived