Birth Certificate and Marriage License ? (Yes another, sorry)

okiegirl07

I had to get a copy of my bc cause my dad has mine and I do not talk to him so I cannot get it from him. A few years I went to my Health Department and got a copy and at the bottom of the copy it says "I herby certify this document is an exact copy of the record on file with the Ohio Department of Health." Has the seal and is on a watermark paper. And my husband has his original one from Vital Statistics and has a raised seal. That should be good enough right ???

As long as she has her BC and current marriage certificate to show the name change she will be fine. My wife was in the same situation and they barely looked at the MC, just the BC and that her name on the booking matched her drivers license.

If your mom knows where she got married the first time, it's as easy as contacting the clerks office in that town/county and ordering a copy of the first marriage certificate. While you may not need it, those few dollars will be worth the peace of mind rather than worrying you'll be turned away at the pier.

Archived