Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge

dawn.glenn@ns.sympatico.c

Hello,

For those of you who stayed at this lodge this season....what did you think? Can anyone tell me if there is a shuttle or anything that can take you to the Wrangell St Elias Visitor Centre/Copper Center?? Also, in a previous post from a few years ago someone mentioned they did an ATV tour from Copper River Princess Lodge. I have not seen this tour anywhere and I am assuming it is no longer offered???

Thanks,

We've never stayed there but have tried to make a reservation during the past two summers but they were full. Tripadvisor has some excellent reviews and there are many references to the lodge when you search the word "copper" here at CruiseCritic.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60998-d246872-Reviews-Copper_River_Princess_Wilderness_Lodge-Copper_Center_Alaska.html

Hello,

For those of you who stayed at this lodge this season....what did you think? Can anyone tell me if there is a shuttle or anything that can take you to the Wrangell St Elias Visitor Centre/Copper Center?? Also, in a previous post from a few years ago someone mentioned they did an ATV tour from Copper River Princess Lodge. I have not seen this tour anywhere and I am assuming it is no longer offered???

Thanks,

I have stayed here, very very nice lodge. But even IF a shuttle is available to the visitor center, that hardly is worth any effort without a car. The point would be to get INTO the area and way beyond the basic visitor center. This area, has some excellent flightseeing, and McCarthy and Kennicott are excellent. The visitor center is only a stepping off area for much bigger things in my opinion, certainly not a destination.

Look at the Lodge web site. The Fact Sheet indicates a shuttle to the Visitor Center, for a fee. It's 4 miles from the lodge.

It's a beautiful place, but like the Talkeetna and Kenai locations, very isolated. I haven't stayed there ... we just stopped by for a look on our way to Valdez.

Archived