Dining recommendations Ft Lauderdale

QCNash09

Great, thanks!! Coconuts does sound quite nice. We are not foodies really, so we are not that picky ;)

If you just want decent food at decent prices Duffy's and Ale House are good (sports bar/grills). They have several locations.

Thanks for the ideas! I was just going to come on here to ask the same question. I guess I don't have to.:rolleyes: We have 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale and are going to the Hard Rock for one of the dinners, but we were having a hard time choosing for the friday before we sail:)

There is a Bass Pro in the area and their resturant is reasonable with great food. Plus Bass Pro Shop is a destination into itself. You can kill hours window shopping even if you don't fish. They have home decor items, clothes, and shoes in addition to all the outdoor recreation stuff.

If you just want decent food at decent prices Duffy's and Ale House are good (sports bar/grills). They have several locations.

Oh that sounds good. We have a rental car so it will be easy for us to move around. I'll google these two, thanks a lot again ;)

Oh that sounds good. We have a rental car so it will be easy for us to move around. I'll google these two, thanks a lot again ;)

I think you can sign up for a Duffy's Club card free online....just a thought...

Coconuts, 15th St Fisheries Dockside Cafe, and Bahia Cabana all have valet parking and are casual marina view restaurants...great if the weather is nice. We eat there so that we feel like we are on vacation.:)

Is Gilberts within walking distance from the Renaissance or Embassy Suite hotels on 17th Street? This restaurant seems to be a favorite!

Not sure where the Renaissance is, but it's less than a 2 minute walk from Embassy Suites. It's in a Plaza (Harbour Shops I think it's called).

As for the Best Food in FLL. Personally. I don't even think it's the Best food in the Plaza. We got practically dragged in there by the Owner as we were walking by. It's a decent Burger, and hand cut French Fries (Fries were undercooked). I, however, prefer the "5 Guys" location in the Plaza for a Burger. But the best food was @ "Firehouse Subs". It was the Best Sub I've ever had. (we stayed at ES for 5 days for a Conference, so I got to try them all ;-)

Archived