How bad is the smoking on Allure?

Kesstral

I just see that most people who have been on the ship, and care, don't have a problem with smoke on the Allure. I also see you rush in to any thread that mentions smoking or the Allure of the Seas with your same hyberbolic rhetoric. If you weren't the only one saying it was so awful I might be willing to give you a chance. I'm an ex-smoker but not at all fanatical about it. I would rather not smell it at all but I'm not going to run around trashing the ship and the line at any excuse just because I get a whiff of cigarette smoke in a non-smoking section.

I am far from the only one; however many upset with the current 20th Century smoking policy have already left the line. Celebrity is now my primary cruise line and I have lost count of all the people on the Celebrity forum that have posted about how horrible they found the smoking policy on RCI and will not be sailing with them again because of the outdated smoking policy. There also are others likely timid about posting because of the nastiness some people display towards anybody who says something negative about RCI (even when stated in a constructive manner) or certain pro-smokers who attack anybody who advocates for stricter smoking restrictions. I have not once "trashed" Allure of RCI; I think they are a great cruise line and Allure a great ship - but the smoking policy sucks and did negatively impact (but certainly not ruin) my cruise. That said, I am still far from the only person on the RCI board (or even this thread) who has spoken out about finding the large number of smoking areas to be unacceptable.

I do not attack people or profess to not believe people who were not bothered by the smoke; in fact I am happy it was not an issue for them. There can be any number of factors why that is the case; fewer smokers on their particular cruise, weaker sense of smell than I have (I admit I have an unusually keen sense of smell), used to being around smoke more than me in their daily life etc. I am not sure why some on this board feel the need to attack me or purport to not believe me. People can have different view points and experiences on this subject matter and one person is not "right" and the other "wrong."

I am confident that RCI will come to their senses and sooner rather than later modify their archaic smoking policy; they really do not have a choice.

Had a Central Park balcony and an ocean view balcony and for sure didn't notice any smoke smell on the CP one. Didn't spent as much time on the OV one though, but when we did I never noticed anything. The only time I remember being bothered with smoke was on one of the upper decks near the pool. Apparently I was walking through a "smoking section" though.

Archived