Feb or march for fiji?

sama10

Our original plan was to take the Nov cruise on Sun P from Brisbane to Fiji as it seemed like a fairly settled time of year. However although I have just got my citizenship, my husband won`t get his until November so that cruise is now out (and it is fully booked), which leaves us with the options of the Feb 7 or March 14 cruises. I know it is impossible to predict the weather but will there be any difference between going in Feb as opposed to March. We want to stick with the Sun P as we know and like the ship.

Any info welcome.

Anne

Our original plan was to take the Nov cruise on Sun P from Brisbane to Fiji as it seemed like a fairly settled time of year. However although I have just got my citizenship, my husband won`t get his until November so that cruise is now out (and it is fully booked), which leaves us with the options of the Feb 7 or March 14 cruises. I know it is impossible to predict the weather but will there be any difference between going in Feb as opposed to March. We want to stick with the Sun P as we know and like the ship.

Any info welcome.

Anne

we cruised on the Sea Princess to Fiji last february and it was very hot and the captain dodged a cylcone, we had rain in Fiji but we still had a good time, i also think march might a better month to cruise

We are booked on Sun P in March, but it leaves 18th March after a NZ round trip leaving 4 March. I've actually been wondering if these two cruises are still on, as nothing has been advertised about them for ages (although earlier and later cruises have been advertised) and there have been no messages on the countdown timer.

Thanks, everyone for the info. Looks like the March cruise is the one to book. Sandy,thanks for sorting me out about the date. Also the Princess website still has the 18 March cruise and availability so I will be booking it. Just have to make sure that the cat sitter (daughter) can take some holidays then.

Anne

• 4 weeks later...

Any info welcome.

Anne

I am a bit interested to why you need your citizenship (I am presuming Australian Citizenship?) to go on a cruise out of Australia?

A Citizen of any country is allowed to go on an overseas cruise,you just need a passport and authority to be able to enter the countries you are visiting or leaving from.

Not prying in any way but just interested.:)

A friend booked to come to USA with us last June and was all set to go and then denied travel authority because she was born in Angola! She is an Australian citizen and lived in Australia for most of her life but her passport still showed place of birth.:eek:

She was allowed to eventually go but had to apply for a special visa to visit USA.

Den

I am a bit interested to why you need your citizenship (I am presuming Australian Citizenship?) to go on a cruise out of Australia?

A Citizen of any country is allowed to go on an overseas cruise,you just need a passport and authority to be able to enter the countries you are visiting or leaving from.

Not prying in any way but just interested.:)

The complication may well be on returning to Australia...

Regarding the original question, I would avoid either of those times due to the risk of cyclones. It's pot luck, but you're increasing the risk a lot, and if there is one, it could ruin at least much of the holiday.

The complication may well be on returning to Australia...

Regarding the original question, I would avoid either of those times due to the risk of cyclones. It's pot luck, but you're increasing the risk a lot, and if there is one, it could ruin at least much of the holiday.

No way I'm delaying my 50th so March 18 it is, rain, hail, cyclone or shine!:D

Archived