How are C&A points figured?

MrsToad

I searched several times and ways and could not find my answer. I'm sure it has been posted before, I just can't find it. I could not even find it on C&A section of RCI's website.

I thought it was a point per day, but I've only been on one 7 day cruise and have 8 points. :confused:

I searched several times and ways and could not find my answer. I'm sure it has been posted before, I just can't find it. I could not even find it on C&A section of RCI's website.

I thought it was a point per day, but I've only been on one 7 day cruise and have 8 points. :confused:

For cruises after Jan 2011, you get one point per night and an extra point per night for cruises in a JS or better.

For cruises before Jan 2011, one cruise credit was given for each cruise. An extra credit was given for cruises of 12+ nights and cruises in staterooms of type JS or better.

In Jan 2011, old cruise credits were converted to cruise points by multiplying credits by 7 and adding 1, 3 or 13 points. In your case, one point was added.

For cruises after Jan 2011, you get one point per night and an extra point per night for cruises in a JS or better.

For cruises before Jan 2011, one cruise credit was given for each cruise. An extra credit was given for cruises of 12+ nights and cruises in staterooms of type JS or better.

In Jan 2011, old cruise credits were converted to cruise points by multiplying credits by 7 and adding 1, 3 or 13 points. In your case, one point was added.

Thanks very much. :D

adding 1,3 or 13....what determines which one is?

adding 1,3 or 13....what determines which one is?

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

Thanks for the clarification, now I see how I'm at 84 pts because I got 13!

Hi, just wondering I have 2 cruises with RCI a 7day and a 9day I have 22 cruise points is that the right amount.

Hi, just wondering I have 2 cruises with RCI a 7day and a 9day I have 22 cruise points is that the right amount.
'06 and '07

Since your above cruises were taken prior to January 21, 2011, and you must have stayed in a JS or higher for one of those cruises you earned "3" cruise credits.

When converted, those 3 cruise credits became 21 points with "1" bonus point giving you a total of 22 cruise points.

Ok last question. After my next cruise will I have only 29 or 30 pts (to make platinum) 7day Oasis...thanks

Upon completion of your cruise on Oasis you will have 29 points.

Effective January 21, 2011, you now earn 1 point for each night you cruise and double points if booked in a JS or higher cabin category.

Upon completion of your cruise on Oasis you will have 29 points.

Effective January 21, 2011, you now earn 1 point for each night you cruise and double points if booked in a JS or higher cabin category.

Here's a silly question. What if you are upgraded from a Balcony to a Suite? Would you get Double points or just normal ones?

Did not remember about the bonus. Thanks so much for clarifying it.

Here's a silly question. What if you are upgraded from a Balcony to a Suite? Would you get Double points or just normal ones?

Just the normal ones. We recently received a complimentary upgrade to a JS and received only one point for each night we sailed. Had we been required to pay for the upgrade we would have received double points.

Archived