No Upgrade required !

Tizzy

We paid to upgrade to a balcony cabin for a forthcoming cruise and as it took us ages to decide which deck we wanted etc. we really don't want to risk being upgraded to another part of the ship that might not suit. I gather this happens quite a lot !

We have informed our Travel Agent but should this show up on our Cruise personaliser ?

I did joke with the travel agent that we wouldn't mind being upgraded to a suite, but thats about as likely as winning the Lotto !

Seriously though if anyone knows where this info is recorded I would be grateful to know. I don't want to risk losing the cabin we have chosen.

Hi,

We always pick our cabin like you, after doing the research and the TA marks it "no upgrade". On the personaliser and on the documents we receive, it clearly states the cabin number. If you have the cabin number on your docs, this should be what you get. Always worked for us.

Have a great cruise.

We have booked a couple of cruises on line with P&O and Cunard and there is nowhere to state you don't want to be considered for an upgrade..I simply rang P&O/Cunard and told them this and they have marked it on their records accordingly. It might be worth giving them a ring, but i'm sure your travel agent has put this on your file in any case.

Well all I can say is that P&O can upgrade us any time they like for our next cruises. Because of my scooter we are in a mini suite.:D:cool::rolleyes:

BTW LL is correct, do not tell us. Tell P&O

Gan Canny

Dai

On a cruise last year on Azura, we booked a specific cabin and this was shown on luggage labels etc on the 'pre-cruise' pack.

However, 1 week before the cruise, I had an email with a 'confirmation pdf' attached. In the comments box it said 'Upgraded from cat NA'. This was the first that I knew about being upgraded. Fortunately, the new cabin suited us. I had to print off new luggage labels online.

So.......if you don't want to be upgraded, then I would advise that you ring P&O and ask them to add this fact to your booking notes.

Terry

Archived