Nautilus and then beach with 6 year old

Joeybun

Had originally planned on renting a car and driving to Rum Point. We are now taking our 6 year old granddaughter so we have changed gears. She really wants to do a submarine ride so we will do the nautilus semi submersible. After that we want to take her to the beach. 7 mile is the obvious choice but we are not sure where. The office is located at 80 N Church St in George Town. Is there any place with beach chairs and umbrellas within walking distance of their office? We are doing the 9am-11:15am ship tour so I am just assuming here that we can forgo the return transportation to the pier. If not, we will get a cab to a spot on the beach. Any recommendations for a non-party spot on the beach that is good for little ones would be greatly appreciated!

There are chair rentals, bathrooms and food at the Sea Grape entrance to 7-Mile beach. I don't know where that is in relation to the address you mentioned!

There is bus service that runs from the beach access points to the dock...so a cab isn't really needed to or from 7-mile beach. $2.50 pp on the bus.

The Nautilus office is within easy walking distance from where the tender drops you off. There is not likely to be any more ground transportation involved than your own feet.

After your tour you can easily catch a taxi or bus to anywhere along SMB. There are no beach locations within an easy walk from the Nautilus office.

Seven Mile Beach Public Beach is a good spot if you have small kids. There is some playground equipment in addition to the amenities you seek.

Grand Cayman day rev 3...

decided to do the Nautilus tour that includes snorkeling so we get off the ship at 7:30 instead of 9. (yay, first ones off) we will finish with that by 9:30 and then we have until 4 to get back on ship. So, if I subtract about a 1/2 an hour to get to the beach from Nautilus and 1 hour to get back on the ship, that leaves us 5 full hours to spend in the sand. Problem is I'm as confused as ever on where to go.

Some parts of SMB seem to be more geared toward the party crowd. We definitely want a more family friendly place that has easy access to the water (flat entry) for the 6 year old. Snorkeling won't matter, but probably shade. For 5 hours we will also probably want food. The less crowd the better! OK sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but this is the last bit of my planning that is undecided and it's driving me nuts!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Archived