I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

Lisa took some pictures of Brook.

takingbrookspic1.jpg

takingbrookspic2.jpg

And then Brook was going to take some of Lisa and I together.

lisaandisnorkle.jpg

But then one of the guides, who we thought looked like Owen Wilson came over and said he would take a picture of all 3 of us.

3ofuswithmagic.jpg

He then told us to hold our hands and make a circle and he would go down below and take our picture. This is one of my very favorite shots of the whole trip.

snorkelinggroup.jpg

I wasn’t looking directly down as I was afraid of following him and then getting water in my snorkel. I then see Lisa and Brook go up for air and they are laughing. I guess the “Owen” guy was down there taking the picture’s and wasn’t paying attention and swam right into a rock. Poor guy. He came back up and scolded us for not warning him ….just jokingly of course.

lisasnorkel2.jpg

lisasnorkel3.jpg

More snorkeling.

snorkel9.jpg

snorkel10.jpg

We noticed the “Owen” guy swimming towards the bottom. I guess he went down to scare some fish into action.

snorkel11.jpg

snorkel12.jpg

And out came the big fish. He did sort of look like a shark when you looked at him from far away.

snorkel13.jpg

snorkelwheel.jpg

As we went over to the shipwreck site we were given a bit of history. It wasn’t very far from where we just were either.

A little info about the shipwreck. “The Cali, built in 1900, was a 220-foot long steel-hulled four-masted barquentine that sank in George Town harbour in 1949. She was sailing from Ecuador to Cuba with a cargo of rice when she encountered bad weather and began to leak. She diverted to Grand Cayman but attempts to keep her afloat failed and she was run aground.”

Basically what we were told is she ran into shallow waters to avoid sinking, but she was full of rice and it expanded from the water and started breaking the ship apart. It sat there for many years and finally they decided to blow her up to sink her completely, but someone was a little bit generous with the dynamite and added way too much and she blew up BIG and pieces went flying all over and into town. Her remains are on the bottom and we could see quite a bit.

Time to get back in.

shipsnorkel.jpg

shipwreck1.jpg

shipwreck2.jpg

shipwreck3.jpg

shipwreck4.jpg

Another peek at our ship.

ourship.jpg

These fish just totally cracked me up.

shipwreck16.jpg

They would swim right at me and then quickly turn away.

shipwreck17.jpg

shipwreck18.jpg

It was like they would say “hey let’s check her out … oh wait …… she’s scary, turn around quick”.

shipwreck19.jpg

Still loving this report and still waiting to see where the title fits in. :confused:

I'm loving this report, but the thing that drew me in was the title, also. (I think I know where she's going, though ;))

:)

Thanks. I should be getting to the title soon. That darn thing called life is getting in the way of posting.

Thanks everyone for being patient with me. I just haven't seemed to find enough time in the day to do everything I want to and this has been what I slacked on.

I decided to do a photobook for the family of our Dream cruise vacation from Nov. Sounds easy right. Well I have over 6000 pictures to go through (plus photopass and the ship CD) to pick the ones I wanted to use on the limited 20 pages of the book. I am happy to say that project is done.

Claire's b-day is also tomorrow, but we are celebrating today, so we have been occupied a little with planning that. luckily we decided to go to a restaurant with the family, which makes it much easier. Gifts are wrapped and she, of course got up bright and early today as she is so excited to celebrate.

We continued our snorkeling fun.

shipwreck20.jpg

shipwreck21.jpg

This boat went by a couple of times. If I remember right, it had windows down below and it was an excursion to look at sea life.

shipwreck22.jpg

There’s Brook.

brooksnorkeling.jpg

A last look under the sea.

shipwreck23.jpg

I was now to the point that I had to go to the bathroom. I was also starting to get a little cold and waterlogged, so I got out.

Brook and Lisa soon followed.

We got one more group picture as we waited for the rest to come back onboard.

3snorkelers1.jpg

Soon it was time to go and everyone had returned. We motored on over to where we had gotten on the boat and set off back to the ship. We tipped our guys because they were fabulous.

We decided to go back and freshen up and get a bite to eat then meet up with Carolyn, Susan and Shelly.

I took a few pictures as we walked back.

gccoconuts.jpg

gcchurch.jpg

Hey, there’s a rooster walking around.

gcrooster.jpg

I really had to go to the bathroom quite badly at this point. We spotted public bathrooms and Brook and Lisa declined to go in, but at this point a hole in the ground was gonna work for me, so I went in. Surprisingly these were pretty decent bathrooms. I would say on the line with the Castaway Cay ones. Not fabulous, but decent and they weren’t dirty.

Now that I felt so much better, we headed back to the tender area.

Easy to find the Mickey Boat!

gcrestrictedarea.jpg

Disney’s area was so much nicer than the Carnival one. They had a shaded canopy with cold water and cold towels waiting for us.

gcwatercoolers.jpg

We soon were on a tender.

gctender1.jpg

We made some chit chat with the one guy. I think he took a liking to Lisa. He was very friendly, but honestly we had a hard time understanding him and we did a lot of smiling and nodding.

backtothemagic.jpg

A guy came on wearing a Fantasy Inaugural Sweatshirt and carrying a guitar. We kind of heard hints of whispers that he was new entertainment coming on board and that the 2 other ones had left that morning. I never realized this, but I guess a lot of the entertainment does not stay on board the whole week. They will get off at a port and fly home, or fly into a port and join the cruise midway.

I LOVED this guy’s sweatshirt by the way. I sure wish I could find a way to get one myself.

We soon set sail back to the ship and we saw some people enjoying themselves.

bananabaotGC.jpg

I took a few pictures of the Carnival Destiny as we went by her.

destiny1.jpg

destinylifeboat.jpg

Back to the Magic.

magictenders.jpg

As we were pulling in, we had a to wait a minute for the other tenders to get out of the way. All of a sudden Brook says, there is Carolyn on that one. I couldn’t believe she saw her. She said Susan wears big sunglasses with bright white rims and they caught her eye. LOL. We hollered back and forth and let them know we would meet up with them in about 45 minutes or so at Margaritaville.

Looks like the red could use a little new paint.

needspaint.jpg

Snorkeling sure works up an appetite, so we headed straight for some food.

fastfood.jpg

We all got chicken tenders and fries.

chickenstrips.jpg

They were pretty good too.

A view of Grand Cayman.

parasailingingc.jpg

We all headed back to our rooms to freshen up a bit. I guess I felt the need to take a picture of our towel animals lined up. LOL

ourtoweldanimals.jpg

We met back up and headed to the tenders once again.

destiny2.jpg

viewofgc.jpg

There it is.

margaritavillle1.jpg

margaritaville2.jpg

Let’s stop and take a touristy picture!!

parrotandlisa.jpg

I tried to get a shot of the floor, but as you can see, that wasn’t too successful.

margaritavillefloor.jpg

It was kind of a maze to get to the restaurant part, up stairs over this way and that, but we found them.

margaritavilletables.jpg

margaritaville3.jpg

The only Margaritaville I've been to was the one in Vegas and found it to be the same way.

We went to the one at Universal this year and we just ate out on the deck ,so we didn't see what inside was like. The nachos were awesome though.

Archived