Comfortable walking shoes

Thanks:) I wear Clarks ALOT but usually their mules/clogs/sandals.

Some gals may wear those styles for walking but I need a full

shoe;)

If you like Clarks you might like these then.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GROQT0/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered them too but had to send them back. I wear a wide width but Clark's wides are always just a bit too wide in the heel for me. I was sad to send them back though because they were super comfortable and met my desire for a non-athletic looking shoe.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/chaco-zand1-yampa-sport-sandals-for-women~p~4131f/?filterString=s~chaco%2Fshoes~d~4%2Fwomens-footwear~d~19%2Fwomens-sandals~d~264%2Fsizefamily~shoe%20size%3B9%2F&colorFamily=04

A few years ago, I had to give up all my beloved flip flops for lack of support and a sore back. I switched over to Chaco and am an addict. The link shows a sandal with a back strap but the ones I love have no strap on back so they are more like flip flops but super comfy. Took the kids to Disneyland and wore Nikes the first day and had sore feet. wore my Chacos the second day from 8 a.m. to midnight and feet felt great.

I now own 7 pairs in various colours and won't wear another shoe. Very comfortable, well built (one pair is 11 yrs old) and stylish to me anyway. They don't come cheap at least here in Canada. They can run up to 200 a pair but I can normally find them on sale somewhere for about 50-60% of that.

I had the same concern last fall when were took a land-based trip to Spain. My first priority was comfort. They had to be comfortable right out of the gate with zero possibility of blisters. If the needed a breaking-in period, I didn't want them. I finally settled on a pair of Riekers pictured below but mine are a bronze colour. Also, they are not inexpensive but to have happy feet, I thought they were worth it. No they aren't what I'd normally wear around home but I have become a convert.

Products7705-165x135-300984.jpg

Just got back from two weeks in Rome. Switched between brown tied Eccos and black slip-on Skechers. Too cold to bring sandals this trip. Only times my feet hurt was when we put in 10+ hours days.

FWIW loved walking on the cobblestones as they 'massaged' my feet. The smooth sidewalks did me in.

Archived