Duty free on board

Hi, can anyone advise...if I buy booze at ship shop can I take it off to give to friends who are meeting us at Brisbane which is the first stop on our cruise from Sydney?

you dont say which ship but they would all should be the same that any duty free alcohol bought onboard would be held until the last day and given back to you.....if you wanted to give them smokes bought over the bar you could do that

You can't do it for two reasons - the main one is as Bob mentioned. The other factor is when you cruise from Sydney to Brisbane you haven't gone outside Australian waters - a requirement for duty free.:)

We are travelling in November Fremantle to Sydney and the duy free is an unanswered question for us atm.

As this is a short leg of a long cruise (and thus the ship has been in international waters before it got to Aust) does that mean we can or cannot get duty free as we leave the ship? The cruise ends in Sydney.

If that makes sense :o

We are travelling in November Fremantle to Sydney and the duy free is an unanswered question for us atm.

As this is a short leg of a long cruise (and thus the ship has been in international waters before it got to Aust) does that mean we can or cannot get duty free as we leave the ship? The cruise ends in Sydney.

IMO the test is based on what you are doing not what the ship has done. You will not be leaving Australian waters on your leg of the cruise.

we have not cruised on the Volendam so i'm not sure how they work but if they are like the RCL ships you should be able to order your duty free alcohol and get it on the last day.....if you want duty free smokes i'd buy them when you can and post them home before getting to Sydney as you are only allowed 50 cigs each to be taken off the ship

IMO the test is based on what you are doing not what the ship has done. You will not be leaving Australian waters on your leg of the cruise.

we have not cruised on the Volendam so i'm not sure how they work but if they are like the RCL ships you should be able to order your duty free alcohol and get it on the last day.....if you want duty free smokes i'd buy them when you can and post them home before getting to Sydney as you are only allowed 50 cigs each to be taken off the ship

Thanks for your replies, still none the wiser, guess I will just wait and see. No biggie really, just like a couple of bottles of nice scotch to take home.

Archived