Liberty of the Seas Aft Balcony Decision

only my opinion , but i would steer clear of deck 6 aft , deck 7 or higher is good....especially deck 7 corners;)

i say that because our friend had deck 6 aft & we had deck 7 corner aft ,and even though theirs was a JS, the view from 6 was poor compared to 7 or higher:)..btw ,we dont not mind the superstructure,just look beyond it,no biggee

dave

only my opinion , but i would steer clear of deck 6 aft , deck 7 or higher is good....especially deck 7 corners;)

i say that because our friend had deck 6 aft & we had deck 7 corner aft ,and even though theirs was a JS, the view from 6 was poor compared to 7 or higher:)

dave

Thanks Dave. Would you switch from deck 6 corner aft to deck 7 higher but more central, such as 7410?

hmmm, thats a little tougher since you got the corner:o

i just did not like the way deck 6 had the crew area roof directly in front of your view...kinda like looking at a stage from the back of the stage....does that make sense ?

yep,i would go deck 7 closer to center if it were me. perhaps some more aft cruisers will chime in to give you other perspective.

whatever you decide , have a great cruise in a great location

dave

very impressive review:)

in post 66 ,you can see in one picture what i was referring to, in the picture it almost looks like a smooth pool ,but it is actually the roof of the crew area. on mariner it was grey ,the blue looks better ,but i still feel the same way:D

although i did notice in the pix that you can look thru the side "porthole" which is cool,but the deck doesnt go all the way to it so you can stick your head thru it (like only deck 7 does ,i believe)

dave

Anyone have any pictures of the balcony for cabin #8710 on any of the Freedom class ships? We have this cabin for our Independence cruise. Looking forward to having one of the corner aft cabins. I know it isn't as big as some of the others, but it was available, and thought I would grab it. We will be sailing on Explorer in 3 weeks, and have the corner aft on 7. I know it is alot larger on the Explorer than the Independence. Our first aft was on Serenade this past Jan and we had 8168 and really enjoyed it.

We sailed on Independence which is a Freedom class ship last year. We had an Aft balcony and absolutely loved it! It made our trip, it was considerably larger than a mid ship balcony as the shape is more mooned and we even had a sun bed! When sailing on her again this year we tried to request the same cabin but was told they are like gold dust! Grab it whilst you can you will never cruise another way the views in port of the Aft are sensational!

We had 7414 (JS) on Liberty... Pretty much in the middle... Here was our view through the structure... after the first day or so you don't even notice the superstructure.... honest!

tava3ana.jpg

The JS balcony was HUGE - easily the width of 2 of the lounge chairs and depth of probably 2.5 of them

u2u5ujup.jpg

But you also might be subject to this view from the Royal presidential fancy dancy I paid too much for my room with a worse view suite below you...

ra6e7apy.jpg

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Archived