Ft Lauderdale - Holiday Inn Express SE 17th St or SR 84

D4

I'm considering staying at one of these for one night before a cruise.

I want a place with free airport transportation and free breakfast and both of these have those. I did searches and have read mixed comments.

Any experiences with either of these hotels? Are they clean and in safe areas? Would you recommend them?

I don't know about SR 84. But the one on 17th street is right there near the port. It's a perfectly safe area. We've stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th street not far from the HI express. We walk back and forth between our hotel and the convention center which is right next to the port and never feel nervous about anything. There are tons of shops and places to eat on 17th within an easy walk.

DEFINITELY SE17th Street!!!... State Road 84 is a nasty crime ridden area that's especially dangerous at night!

SE17th Street is a very safe area, right outside the entrance to Port Everglades, and within walking distance to many shops and restaurants.

I have stayed at the 17th steet HIE it is a very clean nice motel. The front desk is great and its in a great location. You can walk a few blocks and catch the water taxi You can walk and see the ships . and there is quiet a few resturants within walking distance from the motel . I have cruised out of ft lauderdale two time and always stay in that area . It seems to be a safe area we have walked down to the pier at 1am with no problems. I think that will be your best bet even though the other one I dont know about Have a great cruise James

Archived