We can only dream !!!!

Yeah Oriana would be great, and about the right size to fit under the bridge if necessary for white bay berthing which would be important

cheers

Greg

Oriana is too tall to fit under the Harbour Bridge. Its funnel rises 54.84m above the waterline and its mast rises 49.89m above the waterline. The Bridge clearance is 49m.

After its recent transformation to adult only I would think P&O have plans to keep it in the UK service for quite some time yet.

I would love the Oriana too, she is a beautiful ship and I am sure would be very welcome here.:)

However, I don't think we will get any more ships down here but if we did get another ship from the P&O UK fleet, I think it's more likely to be Oceana (Ocean Princess) as she is a sister ship to the three Princess ships we have here at the moment (Sun Princess, Dawn Princess and Sea Princess) so it would make sense if Oceana was here too for commonality of parts and maintenance......and Sutho, correct me if I am wrong but she should fit under the bridge.:)

The Oceana could possibly be the only P&O ship we see here, but I doubt they will get rid of any in a hurry. I have always said that I think Oceana would leave the P&O fleet well before Oriana and Aurora. By the looks of it the Sun class are here to stay for some time yet in our waters.

If you have any thoughts of Oriana or Aurora being sent to the antipodes,

just post on the UK board....

and then run for cover.:D:D

Oriana was so well built , that even after a modest refit , she looks brand new.:):)

The Brits will never let her go.

Archived