Complimentary Upgrade Noted on Reservation

travellady

I just talked to a rep at Princess and she told me my reservation is noted as one that could receive a complimentary upgrade. I've been trying to upgrade, paid that is, to a balcony but at the moment all balconies are noted as being on a special sale I cannot purchase (a different thread I won't get into here).

She acted like it was a good thing my reservation notes complimentary upgrade and not everyone gets this as a possibility. She also cautioned me that I may not get one but the possibility exists as the ship is still not full, there is currently avaiability in all categories, and sailing is only 1 month away.

That said, do all reservations really get noted as complimentary upgrade unless you specifiy otherwise? Or, do only a certain number get noted as such. Trying to guage my chances.

Most TA's will notify Princess when they book your cruise that their clients will except complimentary upgrades. Some passengers like the cabin they choose so they have their TA mark their booking 'no upgrades'.

I can't imagine why they would try to make you feel 'special' like there are very few bookings that state 'will accept complimentary upgrade', but most passengers on Princess join you in the prayer for a free bump up.

But don't loose hope, your chances are as good as the next passenger. Just keep checking the Personalizer and see if one comes through for you.

And Best of Luck!

We are booked for Alaska and have a paid AC mini suite. When you visit some of the sites, they have AA and AB suites for sale, with specific rooms. You can buy AC guarantee, but no rooms. I would guess that means SOMEBODY will be getting an upgrade.

*all* travel agents are asked if they would like their clients placed on the complimentary upgrade list......If you're with a group of people with cabins all together, you'd probably want to say "no"....but if going by yourself, I'd say "yes".......keep in mind though...an upgrade might be from going from your midship on Baja deck to the farthest most cabin front/back on Aloha deck.....I've seen it happen

My "so obvious it hurts" question is ..do you have to accept the complimentary upgrade? My TA said she put me down for one. Just booked my first Princess cruise yesterday..I am trying to learn all I can!

When booking an assigned cabin, Princess will normally notify you and ask if you will accept an upgrade to cabin XXX. There have been times when they don't notify you or your TA though. What they are supposed to do and what they actually do are two different things. But assigned cabins are supposed to be 'asked' before they switch your cabin assignment.

I booked an assigned cabin. A BD catagory.

If you like that cabin mark your reservation "no upgrade". Way too many people have been disappointed with an upgrade and many have been changed without being asked. Best thing is to look at the location of all the B... cabins above you and if ALL of those locations are preferable then keep the reservation as "will accept".

Archived