Future Cruise Credit Question

defreeze

I understand that I can buy multiple FCC certificates.

My question is: Can I buy one in someone else's name?

I want to be sure that me and my spouse can each use a certificate on a furture cruise.

But, if my spouse is not traveling with me on the cruise on which I am purchasing the certificates, can I buy a certificate in my spouse's name?

Thanks.

I understand that I can buy multiple FCC certificates.

My question is: Can I buy one in someone else's name?

I want to be sure that me and my spouse can each use a certificate on a furture cruise.

But, if my spouse is not traveling with me on the cruise on which I am purchasing the certificates, can I buy a certificate in my spouse's name?

Thanks.

You must be on board to buy an FCC so you will not be able to buy for anyone else. You might have your spouse do the BVE when you depart if they would be in the area. They can buy FCCs while on board for the BVE. If you book a cruise within 45 days (?) after the BVE, the cost of the BVE is applied to the booking.

Note: BVE = Bon Voyage Experience and is $39/person.

• 2 weeks later...
When on the Emerald last week for a 10 day cruise, the FCC time limit was reduced from four years to two years. Not sure if this was reported on CC as I haven't been checking posts.

There has been a thread on the subject.

It was stated that if you call Princess near the end of the two year period, it can be extended to four years.

Did they not recently decrease the OBC that comes along with the FCC as well??

In March they made oceanview the same OBC as inside. Previously it was $25 more than inside in each grouping.

Also in March, they changed the numer of days in each grouping, thus lowering the amounts of OBC for 10 day and 16 day voyages.

Decreased the most (75%), 10 days in an outside cabin went from $100 OBC to $25 OBC.

Note that FCCs issued before mid-March continue to give the OBC listed on those FCCs.

In March they made oceanview the same OBC as inside. Previously it was $25 more than inside in each grouping.

Also in March, they changed the numer of days in each grouping, thus lowering the amounts of OBC for 10 day and 16 day voyages.

Decreased the most (75%), 10 days in an outside cabin went from $100 OBC to $25 OBC.

Note that FCCs issued before mid-March continue to give the OBC listed on those FCCs.

Nice !! :mad:

yes it does say cruise by (with a two year date) but was told by future cruise consultant on board last week that all you have to do is call before your credits expire and ask for them to be extended and they will extend another two years.

Agree.:D

Archived