Camera - Help

I'm looking to buy an affordable camera for my next cruise in May on the Allure. Currently i have a Cannon Power Shot... I really would like to be able to zoom in and take better pictures.. I've seen beautiful pictures on here but I'm confused on where to start.... Can you help me out?:confused:

I'm looking to buy an affordable camera for my next cruise in May on the Allure. Currently i have a Cannon Power Shot... I really would like to be able to zoom in and take better pictures.. I've seen beautiful pictures on here but I'm confused on where to start.... Can you help me out?:confused:

One hint, my husband is a photogrpaher by profession. There are hundreds of choises out there so to just tell someone what kind of camera is very hard, although I could give you some suggestions if I knew your price range etc.

The biggest thing, know HOW to use the camera that you have. My husband can get great photos off of most cameras, just because he knows how to use them, he knows what settings for what lighting etc.

He tries to make me read the manual when he buys me a new camera.

But like above said you will find all kinds of advise on the camera board. :)

One hint, my husband is a photogrpaher by profession. There are hundreds of choises out there so to just tell someone what kind of camera is very hard, although I could give you some suggestions if I knew your price range etc.

The biggest thing, know HOW to use the camera that you have. My husband can get great photos off of most cameras, just because he knows how to use them, he knows what settings for what lighting etc.

He tries to make me read the manual when he buys me a new camera.

But like above said you will find all kinds of advise on the camera board. :)

But you should know....I bought the Fuji XP50 on your recommendation for the underwater capabilities. It was very good advice! :D:):D

I have a better land camera, also a Canon, but I wanted something I could take snorkeling. Thanks! :)

But you should know....I bought the Fuji XP50 on your recommendation for the underwater capabilities. It was very good advice! :D:):D

I have a better land camera, also a Canon, but I wanted something I could take snorkeling. Thanks! :)

Glad you liked the camera!

I have just decided to stop using my camcorder and to start using a digital camera for family videos, so now I am trying to get my hunny to buy me a new land camera. The only one I can call my own is my underwater camera, his are too big and too hard to use. He says he knows of one he is going to buy me, but I can't remember what it is called, but then he keeps talking about other ones, who knows what kind I will end up with and when I will get it. Hopefully before our cruise so I can learn how to use it. Or so I can have my son teach me how to use it, since hunny won't. :) "read the manual" my most dreaded words.

Archived