**Join Our New CC Group Cruise**Southern Caribbean**Carnival Destiny 6/18/06**

Snowball

Marcy - thanks for keeping us posted about Sarah. I can only imagine how difficult a decision this must be for you and Dave, but I bet that just hearing Sarah's voice on the phone and hearing for yourself that she is fine must have been a huge relief.

She will remain in my thoughts. Please let us know when she gets home safe and sound, whether that is earlier than anticipated or at the end of her scheduled trip.

Marcy,
I too was thinking about Sarah and all of you. The situation is very sad. As I said, I had the pleasure of working for an Israeli company for several years and both of my trips to Israel were wonderful experiences.

I don't really know what I could say to help - just wanted you to know I was thinking about her and wishing her all the best.

We got my 17 year old daughter on a flight home from Israel Tuesday night. Out of 70 other kids, we are the only ones having our daughter come home. My daughter is very angry. Is there something wrong with me? Am I not seeing the same thing they are? My brother has a 12 year old daughter there right now visiting relatives in Jerusalem. He said, "Isn't this an incredible experience for them?" Am I missing something???????
from
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=7180645#post7180645[/url]

Hi Fred! Thanks for checking up on Sarah. I picked her up at the airport last Wednesday and then I left Thursday for a great trip to Alaska. Just got home. Left my DH to deal with the emotional trauma.

Your link to the Destiny Disaster didn't work for me....what happened????

[quote name='Marcys']
Your link to the Destiny Disaster didn't work for me....what happened????[/QUOTE]

I guess it got pulled
The gist was that it had to spend an extra day in Aruba because of a problem. Got back to San Juan a day late. Next Destiny cruise was cut to six days.

[quote name='Marcys']Hi Fred! Thanks for checking up on Sarah. [/quote]

I am with you Marcy. I would prefer a live Angry daughter then a dead daughter.

Perhaps I am not religious enough or I love my children too much to put
them at such danger. My peace of mind still counts for something.

Sarah will get over this probably not until she is a parent. In her
mind you "ruined" her life. If I had a penny for every time I said
or thought that growing up , I would be cruising every day.

You are a great Mother.

Enjoy your new job.
Barbara

Thanks for your support, Barbara. The group she was with actrually seemes to be safe in the southern part of the country, but we didn't know that at the time we decided to have her come home.

Thanks for your good wishes about the new job! Working full time is EXHAUSTING!!

[quote name='derf5585']How is Sarah making out.[/quote]

She's doing better, came home very quiet and subdued, crying. This was a tough weekend since she was supposed to be staying with the family my brother married into in Jerusalem as part of a home hospitality weekend. Her 12 year old cousin from Houston was there visiting, too, and she would have gotten to see her.

[quote name='Marcys']She's doing better, came home very quiet and subdued, crying. This was a tough weekend since she was supposed to be staying with the family my brother married into in Jerusalem as part of a home hospitality weekend. Her 12 year old cousin from Houston was there visiting, too, and she would have gotten to see her.[/QUOTE]

Keep in touch even though we seem to be the only ones posting here

[quote name='derf5585']Sarah check

Destiny mechanical problem; itinerary change
from
[URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=383620"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=383620[/URL][/quote]

Derf- if you click on this link, then it will take you to the Destiny problems. I just checked and there are several reviews of people who went on this cruise and are back.

[quote name='Marcys']We could just e-mail each other!!??[/QUOTE]

An idea, but I like posting on this thread. Keeping it alive in case donnaandtommy or anyone else wants to join in. And of course to increase my post count. Trying for 10,000 before my next cruise.

Hi all! Stephanie and I are doing great and enjoying summer vacation. We leave for Disney World on August 13th. Woo Hoo! Also, for anyone that is dying to know - I got an A in my Torts class. Ha Ha.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Hope to see you all again sometime.

Pat:cool:

Hi everyone!!! Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. It has been a busy summer for me and things probably won't calm down until after I get back from my cruise next month.

We changed our cruise plans for next summer. Instead of doing the New England/Canada cruise out of Baltimore in July, we are going on the RCI Mariner out of Port Canaveral in August. I'm excited about sailing on a Voyager class ship, and about trying out RCI. We are also going down a few days early so we can go to Universal Studios and to the Kennedy Space Center. So, needless to say, I have lots to plan between now and then.

Take care everyone and enjoy the rest of your summer!!!

Feel free to e-mail or IM me if you ever want to chat - [EMAIL="debwinters@comcast.net"]debwinters@comcast.net[/EMAIL] and debwinters1 on AOL/AIM.

HI everyone!

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy since we've been back. Tony and I took a spur of the moment trip to Key West a few weeks ago. Stayed at a wonderful B&B on Duval Street and did all the "touristy" stuff...ghost tour, sunset sail, Drag show. Kids were not very happy that we didn't take them but we were celebrating our anniversary....!

Pat - Have a great time at Disney. We were there last Thanksgiving...the kids still love it! I certainly can't be much hotter in FL than it is here right now. Congrats on the A!

Marcy - I'm glad to hear that Sarah is back home safe and sound. I'm sure it was a tough decision for you, Dave and Sarah but sounds like it was the right one.

Debbie - We're thinking about sailing next June on the Glory out of Port Canaveral. We've never sailed RC so I'll be anxious to hear your expert opinion!

Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Beth

Looks like this thread has some life back in it.

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because...This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. nging it forever just because...This is the thread that never ends,

Looks like this thread has some life back in it.

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting in it forever just because...This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. nging it forever just because...This is the thread that never ends,

Wow! How low will some people go to increase their post count???:rolleyes:

HI everyone!

Debbie - We're thinking about sailing next June on the Glory out of Port Canaveral. We've never sailed RC so I'll be anxious to hear your expert opinion!

Where does Glory go? Greg keeps bugging me to ask when and where you're sailing next summer.

Marcy,

We'd love to do the Med. next summer, but we're thinking of that for summer 2008. Tony and I will be celebrating our 25th, Logan will be graduating from high school and Lyns will hopefully be graduating from Temple. So that will probably be our celebration cruise! My parents are leaving on that cruise in 2 weeks, so I'll let you know what they think!

The Glory goes to Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya and Nassau. We've never been to Costa and it's been years since we've been in Nassau, and of course you know how I feel about Coz...C&C! We're not so much looking at the ports but the ship...wanted to go on one we haven't been on yet! Plus we might add a few days at Disney either before or after. I just priced it with Costco and am waiting to hear back from Carnival and CruCon. I'm going with whoever gives me the best price.

Say hi to everyone for us!

Archived