Upgrade without knowing?

Hi, my partner and I have been following this and hoping to hear that you got your original cabin back. Glad to hear you have, and we're sorry you went through this mess, especially at a time when you surely don't need any aggravation. We're thinking about you and hoping things go smoothly up to and through your cruise.

There are probably many more on here who have read this are also sending good wishes your way!

[quote name='rockykat']Why are you only e-mailing them? Why not get on the phone now, and ask for a supervisor to get this straightened out? Your TA might just ignore the email until it's too late[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black]It is straightened out. She got her original cabin back.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='rockykat']Why are you only e-mailing them? Why not get on the phone now, and ask for a supervisor to get this straightened out? Your TA might just ignore the email until it's too late[/quote]

Ummm...check out post # 41....the OP WAS sucessful in getting her cabin back...:rolleyes:

We made it safely to Halifax , NS. The closet Children's hospital is 500 Km away . Or just over 1000 return. It sure felt great to get this all sorted out before we left. Nobody needs this kind of stress when dealing with a sick family member. I hope the TA learnt From this....I hope she does it to no one else...

Just again wanted to thank you all for your support and kind words. You all gave me that little push to make it right. Thank you for the well wishes for my son Jacob. He thanks you too !

Gary...see you inboard on Dec23!!!

Thank you all again...

Charley Ann + Jacob

[quote name='Charleyann']The TA called and said that when given an upgrade , they have to take the upgrade then or they lose it? Excuse me...I have received a few upgrade in 15 cruises and I have always been called ! In addition to this she claims RCCL gave me misinformation . That they weren't holding the cabin for another client as suggested by RCCL , that she is sorry for the misinformation feed to me ...

She was cocky, arrogant and with foul mood. I am getting as far away from her as possible ! I ended up hanging up on her !!!!

I will not be made into a fool and take ignorance from customer service for which I shelled out thousands of dollars ...

I am done and will book with cruiselines from this point forward.....I did not create this mess, did not ask for this mess.....

I will not be made to feel guilty for something I had no control over !!! Grrrr

Chatleyann[/QUOTE]

First of all --- I AM SO HAPPY YOU GOT YOUR CABIN BACK! :D I kept looking for an update. Congrats!

Secondly - your TA is only half right - when RCL calls for an upgrade - they can give a number to call back to accept the upgrade. The agent should have had a small window of time (even if its only an hour) to call you and leave a message.

Not all agents behave that way. It's a shame yours did. But I am glad you got it fixed.

It is hard to believe on a Christmas cruise two months away RCCL called to offer an upgrade. It seems to me this TA needed a particular cabin that the OP had and just switched her to accommodate the new clients. When they didn't come thru they switched the cabin back. If it were me I'd transfer the booking to RCCL. The agent was unnecessarily rude.

Archived