Blackbeard's Castle

dizneefreak28

It was included in a tour that we took this past February.

the tour included Magen's Bay...we really enjoyed the entire tour.

At Blackbeards, you tour the Rum Factory, then go thru the Amber Museum, which was pretty neat too.... then we spent some time at the Bar ... got a few really stiff drinks ... it was our anniversary, so we got a few drinks on the house.... then you walk to the water taxi.

It was a great tour.... very glad we took it.

At Blackbeards, you tour the Rum Factory, then go thru the Amber Museum, which was pretty neat too.... then we spent some time at the Bar ... got a few really stiff drinks ... it was our anniversary, so we got a few drinks on the house.... then you walk to the water taxi.

which tour did you take?

We were on Princess Ruby, and the only ship in Port.... it was my first time in the Port [i'd been to St Thomas before, but flew in]

there was a water taxi from that portion of the city back to the port area... I do believe it was a freebie

as for the tour... I'd have to look that up.

but it was a scenic tour that had a few stops a long the road side for 'photo ops'

2 hrs at Magen's Bay, then to Blackbeards where the tour wasn't too terribly long... that was mostly for the Rum Factory, the rest was self guided... you could spend as little or as much time there as you wanted. That also included the self guided tour thru the Amber Museum.

We did a tour thru Norwegian, they took you to a lookout point for pictures, then dropped you off at Blackbeards Castle. You meet with a tour guide who briefly tells you about the area, then he takes you thru the "Rum Factory", then you are kinda on your own to tour the statues, the houses, the amber museum, 99 steps, gift shops, a bar & a pool. We were probably there 2-3 hours, but you go at your own pace. If you like the rum, buy it there, we made the mistake of holding out hoping to find it closer to the ship - it is the ONLY place that sells it, and you can't get it in the states - my husband liked the pineapple mixed with the spiced, and I liked the mango - they let you taste all the flavors for free! It is a fun time, you will be glad you did it! Check TripAdvisor for the reviews too.

We did a tour thru Norwegian, they took you to a lookout point for pictures, then dropped you off at Blackbeards Castle. You meet with a tour guide who briefly tells you about the area, then he takes you thru the "Rum Factory", then you are kinda on your own to tour the statues, the houses, the amber museum, 99 steps, gift shops, a bar & a pool. We were probably there 2-3 hours, but you go at your own pace. If you like the rum, buy it there, we made the mistake of holding out hoping to find it closer to the ship - it is the ONLY place that sells it, and you can't get it in the states - my husband liked the pineapple mixed with the spiced, and I liked the mango - they let you taste all the flavors for free! It is a fun time, you will be glad you did it! Check TripAdvisor for the reviews too.

mango rum - oh yeah!!

yes... after you go down those 99 steps and leave the premises - you walk thru town to the water front, then we boarded a water taxi back to Port.

it was a very good tour... was glad we took it.

We were in port very early, before the sun came up... I do recall being at Magen's Bay about 9am, so zero crowds what so ever [plus, we were the only ship in port that day] ~~ the rest of the day, i can not recall any 'times'.

I've done it on my own several times, and yes, their flavored rums are the best I've tried so far. Really rich, smooth tastes.

You can have a taxi drop you in town and you can walk up the 99 steps and buy tickets at Hotel 1829. Not sure of current price, but it used to be $15 pp for adults.

BRING YOUR SWIMSUIT so you can relax in the pool. Hopefully it won't be crowded, because when it's not, it's a marvelous experience because of the view.

We will be docking on St Thomas via The Oasis of the Seas in December. We really want a tour that includes all of these stops. We were married on Blackbeards 14 years ago and can't wait to show our daughters. Anyway, if any one knows the name of the tour operator and can provide it, I would appreciate it!

Archived