New to River Cruising

wantabecruiser

Hi! I have taken 4 Ocean cruises and I now would like to try river cruising in Europe. Can anyone venture to say which of the following cruises are better? Rhine Getaway- Amsterdam to Basel, or Romantic Danube- Budapest to Nuremberg? Comments anyone?:confused::cool:

Hi! I have taken 4 Ocean cruises and I now would like to try river cruising in Europe. Can anyone venture to say which of the following cruises are better? Rhine Getaway- Amsterdam to Basel, or Romantic Danube- Budapest to Nuremberg? Comments anyone?:confused::cool:

We have done 3 river cruises thus far and our favorite itinerary was Budapest to Nuremberg with 3 post days in Prague and 3 extra pre-days in Budapest.:)

We have done 3 river cruises thus far and our favorite itinerary was Budapest to Nuremberg with 3 post days in Prague and 3 extra pre-days in Budapest.:)

Endorsements like this make me so glad I have booked our first river cruise for the Danube Discovery - Budapest to Nuremberg - for this coming August. We too, will spend 3 days in Prague, 3 days in Budapest and 3 days in Vienna.

Will you be writing a review?

Endorsements like this make me so glad I have booked our first river cruise for the Danube Discovery - Budapest to Nuremberg - for this coming August. We too, will spend 3 days in Prague, 3 days in Budapest and 3 days in Vienna.

Will you be writing a review?

A great review of this - on the Amalyra - is by Mike Priesman.

http://www.thepreismans.com

It was Mike's review that "sealed the deal" for us to book this cruise. We loved the itinerary... and LOVED both Budapest and Prague.

Fran

A great review of this - on the Amalyra - is by Mike Priesman.

www.thepreismans.com

It was Mike's review that "sealed the deal" for us to book this cruise. We loved the itinerary... and LOVED both Budapest and Prague.

Fran

Hi Fran,

Yes, I am another "convert" due to Mike and Carol's wonderful travel website. I discovered their travelogue several months ago and have emailed them with questions.

In addition to the Preisman's outstanding reviews and photos, I also give credit to CC member, David, for his excellent review of AMA.

CC folks are awesome for taking the time to write and give advice to others. It sure has helped me!

Thanks!

Archived