Just back from Elation, with 2 kids, questions?

dolphinwyo

I'll be on the elation next week. I've been on the sensation so i know what to expect. but my sister and I were wondering about what night was formal night, what kind of shows/entertainment was on board and is there anything special I shouldn't miss (such as chocolate buffet). Also, what did you do while there. Thanks for your help.

Is it true the Elation does not have blow dryers in the rooms? Is there anything else that this ship doesn't have that I need to know? My daughter is going on it soon (she has been on the Destiny before) for her honeymoon. Thanks!

We just returned home (to a blizzard!!) from the Elation. Traveled with 2 kids, ages 8, and 11. Will post more details after the room quits swaying, but in the meantime, anyone have any questions? We had a great time!!

I'll be on the elation next week. I've been on the sensation so i know what to expect. but my sister and I were wondering about what night was formal night, what kind of shows/entertainment was on board and is there anything special I shouldn't miss (such as chocolate buffet). Also, what did you do while there. Thanks for your help.

Your formal night will be on Sunday. The two shows are ok. One is called Win and the other is a tribute to the history of rock and roll. There is a chocolate buffet on the last sea day. I did not see the comedians and nor went to karaoke.

I really enjoyed the Serenity deck.

In Progreso, I went to a Mayan ruin site with Autoprogreso.

Enjoy your time on the Elation!

Is it true the Elation does not have blow dryers in the rooms? Is there anything else that this ship doesn't have that I need to know? My daughter is going on it soon (she has been on the Destiny before) for her honeymoon. Thanks!

It is true that there are no blow dryers. No refrigerators either. Only one outlet that I found (the one in the bathroom says for shavers only) The hot water is extremely hot so always be careful getting in the shower.

Not sure what else you might need to know. No outside screen for movies. No indoor hot tub in the spa area. No fish and chips and no Indian food.

This was a smaller ship than we had gone on in the past. I thought the theatre and common areas, bars, lounges were very pretty. Comedians were good, Win show very good, Rock show good. The Serenity area was nice and peaceful, plenty of chairs on all the decks.

Sorry, had to go to work yesterday, back to answer questions.

No blow dryer in room, but I just called room steward and received one right away. WIN show was pretty good - thought my kids (8, 11) would have enjoyed it, but they were at Camp. We didn't make it to chocolate buffet, as it was in Lido during the day, and wasn't advertised as a special event, so we saw the sign hanging in Tiffany's (lido restaurant), that said chocolate extravangaza, but it wasn't as good as other chocolate buffets that we have been to on other ships. Just a special dessert time basically....

We have been on larger ships, and also the Imagination, and there are pluses/minuses. It was a lot less crowded than Pride and Splendor, no lines, no pool chair issues, very pleasant that way.

We played trivia games for the first time this cruise, including a scavenger hunt - all games are held in Drama bar and are listed. We ended up with 2 ship on a stick trophies for these efforts. Lots of fun!

Went to one comedian, was o.k.

Didn't attend any other shows other than WIN, they didn't seem appealing. Enjoyed the Dance club and piano bar instead.

Cozumel - we took an excursion to Passion Island. Unfortunately it was very windy and ride over was very rough, and they couldn't put water toys out. Still nice day though.

Progreso - went on our own to beach, didn't really enjoy the hassle of getting from ship to beach. Walking through shops to shuttle, shuttle to town, then walking through town to beach through more vendors. Once on beach constant vendors....not very relaxing, but kids enjoyed beach. Probably would do excursion or stay on ship next time.

Ask away - I will be back....

Archived