grace period for next cruise booking benefit?

Cheryl H

We were under the impression that while onboard, a person can book a specific cruise, or an open booking, or if they wait until they get home, there's a grace period of 14 days.

Were we misinformed?

I called Crown and Anchor today and they had no idea about the 14 day grace period. But she went ahead and let me book the next cruise option which I thought was nice.

We were under the impression that while onboard, a person can book a specific cruise, or an open booking, or if they wait until they get home, there's a grace period of 14 days.

Were we misinformed?

I called Crown and Anchor today and they had no idea about the 14 day grace period. But she went ahead and let me book the next cruise option which I thought was nice.

I've read about the grace period here on CC, but have never been told about it by C&A people. Might be one of those perks that not all the reps are aware of.

We did it once- and I more recall a 7 day window.

And it was not a C&A person, but our RCI agent who suspected, then contacted his manager, which then got us an on board booking after we got home. (I've mentioned it before, but we do very much like our agent- great guy)

I called and asked that question a few days ago and at first was told there is a 7 day window.

I think it is another unadvertised policy that some reps know about and some don't I am thinking of just waiting until I get home to book one but I am leery that once home I will be told that we can't do it.

I called and asked that question a few days ago and at first was told there is a 7 day window.

I think it is another unadvertised policy that some reps know about and some don't I am thinking of just waiting until I get home to book one but I am leery that once home I will be told that we can't do it.

I'm going to try buying an NC from home after our next cruise. I'll buy one NC on board, just in case they refuse to sell me one after I get home. Maybe I can get a definitive answer on the policy.

Bob

I'm going to try buying an NC from home after our next cruise. I'll buy one NC on board, just in case they refuse to sell me one after I get home. Maybe I can get a definitive answer on the policy.

Bob

I am going to try to book a specific cruise (the one next Sept (Enchantment) that we will be sailing with you guys on) from home. If that works I will cancel the other reservation that I have. It's only $25 OBC so if it doesn't work it is no big deal. Ellen

We spoke to a CVP who transferred us to a C&A rep who said RCCL has a 14 day policy. We had been home 2 and a half weeks and he tried to talk to the resolutions department to see if they might allow us to book with the onboard booking benefit since we were *just* past the time period, but they said no. To play it safe, I would still to booking onboard, but 14 days seems to be the policy.

I've heard the 14 too. We are only 5 days out from our cruise. My call today, at first I talked to a sales person and she transferred me to crown and anchor and that gal had never heard of a grace period for next cruise before. She kept insisting that we had to book a specific cruise, or an open booking while onboard. But thankfully, she let us do it anyway. But it was only a 25 dollar incentive so I would not have been too heart broken if I couldn't have.

Well, thanks for the comments. I guess next time I'd better get a booking onboard. I'd hate to go through this again.

Archived