Celebrity Silhouette TA April 2013

JonAlone

Hey Michael,

Welcome.

I'm traveling solo too. This cruise is a great cruise for traveling solo because everyone is on ship and there's tons to do, or you can just hang out and let the wind and waves take away your cares. It is magic being on the ocean for days at a stretch. Time slows down, you have ample space to think as well as have fun.

People on Transatlantics are very friendly and you have time to get to know people, not rushing on and off the ship at every port every day. I love it.

If this cruise is like the other transatlantic's I've been on (this is my fifth one), there will be lots of other gays (Friends of Dorothy) on board, and the nice thing is we have time to socialize and talk and get into activities together (or just lay out by the pool).

I hope you book the cruise.

Hi everyone. Greetings from Toronto. MY TA has a hold on this cruise and is (really) encouraging me to go! I have done a number of cruises but never a transatlantic. I usually travel with people but may go solo this time - a bit anxious. Just a regular gay guy here, 36, down to earth, etc. Any Advice re going solo? Would it better to have a friend go with me? Advice appreciated. Thanks, Michael. :)

Hi Michael, this will also be my first solo cruise, and I was a bit worried about it, but it seems as if there will be loads of solos on board, and both this thread and the main one indicate it will be a friendly crowd.

The rates for this cruise are great - come and join us!

Hi everyone. Greetings from Toronto. My TA has a hold on this cruise and is (really) encouraging me to go! I have done a number of cruises but never a transatlantic. I usually travel with people but may go solo this time - a bit anxious. Just a regular gay guy here, 36, down to earth, etc. Any Advice re going solo? Would it better to have a friend go with me? Advice appreciated. Thanks, Michael. :)

Hi. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome - and encouragement! :) I just confirmed my booking! Great deals on right now and I am really looking forward to the trip. Despite my current transatlantic "virgin" status, your comments really helped to settle my hesitation about going solo.

I look forward to meeting many of you!

Thanks again,

Michael

Hi. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome - and encouragement! :) I just confirmed my booking! Great deals on right now and I am really looking forward to the trip. Despite my current transatlantic "virgin" status, your comments really helped to settle my hesitation about going solo.

Thanks again,

Michael

Nah.... sorry ... we all changed our minds....

hi. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome - and encouragement! :) i just confirmed my booking! Great deals on right now and i am really looking forward to the trip. Despite my current transatlantic "virgin" status, your comments really helped to settle my hesitation about going solo.

Thanks again,

michael

joke :-D :-D :-D

Yay!

Virgin status huh? you got references?

Thanks again,

Michael

Thanks again,

Michael

Two posts on Cruise Critic now - you seem to be losing your virginity all over the place!

As one of the few non leches on board, I would like to welcome you with my open arms. It's been many a year that these old arms have held a virgin , of any kind, and it's about time to make up for it. Not to worry though as I am here to protect you. You may also hide out in my cabin if the need arises.

Howard in beautiful and sunny, Fort Lauderdale

As one of the few non letches on board, I would like to welcome you with my open arms. It's been many a year that these old arms have held a virgin , of any kind.

Howard in beautiful and sunny, Fort Lauderdale

and of course that includes:

Virgin Cuba Libre

Virgin Bloody Mary

Virgin Screwdriver

etc

but not a Virgin Sex on the Beach perhaps??:p

Dear Jon, I am very sorry, but I must respond to your remarks. I have never held a "virgin" drink of any kind. Whats the point of drinking anything if it doesn't have a kicker, so to speak. No, there will not be any Virgin Drinking going on around me. As far as "Sex on the Beach", we shall see what we shall see. I will say no more.

Howard in sunny and upmarket Fort Lauderdale

Dear Jon, I am very sorry, but I must respond to your remarks. I have never held a "virgin" drink of any kind. Whats the point of drinking anything if it doesn't have a kicker, so to speak. No, there will not be any Virgin Drinking going on around me. As far as "Sex on the Beach", we shall see what we shall see. I will say no more.

Howard in sunny and upmarket Fort Lauderdale

The list was of things that "your old arms have NOT held...." How could you think I would be so insulting to insinuate that you are tea-total??!!

After all we have meant to each other for so long! :(

Hi guys. So my TA is working on flights and just left me a message. He’s asking if I would consider flying into Orlando vs. FLL. There is a good Air Canada rate on right now and apparently hotels are cheaper. Has anyone done this before? I was thinking of arriving (wherever) on the Friday or Saturday. I have done MIA before but did not consider Orlando because of the distance. However, as I'm all-a-tingle with excitement over the trip, I'm open to anything! Thoughts? You can also e-mail me msh8535 at gmail dot com Thanks! :)

Hi guys. So my TA is working on flights and just left me a message. He’s asking if I would consider flying into Orlando vs. FLL. There is a good Air Canada rate on right now and apparently hotels are cheaper. Has anyone done this before? I was thinking of arriving (wherever) on the Friday or Saturday. I have done MIA before but did not consider Orlando because of the distance. However, as I'm all-a-tingle with excitement over the trip, I'm open to anything! Thoughts? You can also e-mail me msh8535 at gmail dot com Thanks! :)

Just sent you an email. I'm staying in Orlando for 3 nights and driving down to FLL on Sunday morning. Would be happy to give you a lift and be glad of the company. Nick.

I hope no one cares if the overweight straight white guy adds a comment ,

Mike

What does your TA consider to be a good rate?

Choice Air was a $220 flight on AC, to Orlando

Remember with Air Canada to add $25 per bag

On Friday westjet to FLL is $243

On Saturday westjet to FLL is $266

I hope you check with ChoiceAir for your return Flight

Hey Mike, if you are gonna hang around in the G&L forum, you will be expected to come to the FOD gatherings in the Martini Bar. All skin tones and body sizes welcome.

On Solstice we ended up using Michael's bar... it was nowhere near as much fun! Usually we take up the curtained area in Martini Bar of the far side of the frosty circle...

Nobody gets a frosty reception tho...

Just sent you an email. I'm staying in Orlando for 3 nights and driving down to FLL on Sunday morning. Would be happy to give you a lift and be glad of the company. Nick.

Thanks Nick! Just sent you a reply e-mail. A great option to explore. I have never been to Orlando!

I hope no one cares if the overweight straight white guy adds a comment ,

Mike

What does your TA consider to be a good rate?

Choice Air was a $220 flight on AC, to Orlando

Remember with Air Canada to add $25 per bag

On Friday westjet to FLL is $243

On Saturday westjet to FLL is $266

I hope you check with ChoiceAir for your return Flight

Thanks Mike. My TA was a bit over-excited on his voice-mail (he usually is - must be caffeine). It sounds like he is quoting $209 but I need to check back - sounds like a good rate to me. And yes, I know about the Air Canada bag fees for sure. I have gotten burned more than once! :eek: I always take Westjet if I can. TA is checking with Choice Air on the return.

Archived