Celebrity Silhouette TA April 2013

JonAlone

Thanks Mike. My TA was a bit over-excited on his voice-mail (he usually is - must be caffeine). It sounds like he is quoting $209 but I need to check back - sounds like a good rate to me. And yes, I know about the Air Canada bag fees for sure. I have gotten burned more than once! :eek: I always take Westjet if I can. TA is checking with Choice Air on the return.

I just want to make sure you were getting good value for you money

I know the British Air flight are high now then they were at the beginning of January

Mark

if you get a couple of days in Orlando, it can be quite fun! There is no drag like a drag show in Orlando, it is a serious deal in the South. We have nothing like that in California, even in San Francisco where I live. And of course there are plenty of other great gay bars and venues too that will just keep you a tingle.

And then there are all the other attractions in Orlando too you like those (Epcot, Sea World, Universal). Because I am such a big geek I had to go to Harry Potter World in Universal Studios and I can report they did it really really well and it was great.

Hi guys. So my TA is working on flights and just left me a message. He’s asking if I would consider flying into Orlando vs. FLL. There is a good Air Canada rate on right now and apparently hotels are cheaper. Has anyone done this before? I was thinking of arriving (wherever) on the Friday or Saturday. I have done MIA before but did not consider Orlando because of the distance. However, as I'm all-a-tingle with excitement over the trip, I'm open to anything! Thoughts? You can also e-mail me msh8535 at gmail dot com Thanks! :)

Here is the menu its $40/pp

Would be great fun in a group

Menu

Appetizers

Flatbread Starters

All of our flatbreads are hand rolled to order on homemade dough.

Margherita

BBQ Chicken

Sausage & Peppers

Mediterranean Vegetable

Pepperoni

Create your own flatbread from any of the selections from our "Bountiful Harvest Salad Bar"

Salads

From Our Bountiful Harvest

We promise to make the "All You Can Eat" salad bar cool again by featuring an eclectic collection of fresh field greens, signature composed salads, colorful seasonal vegetables, gourmet cheeses and from scratch dressings. Also, no salad is complete without its accessories, wasabi peas or chow mein noodles, anyone?

Entrées

From Your Grill Master

Be adventurous as the Grill Master or let us do all the work for you. All grilled items are cooked on our customized self-ventilated grills. Portion sizes will be managed in accordance to your party's size.

From the Land

New York Strip Steak

Filet Mignon

12oz Rib Eye

Milk-Fed Veal Chop

Bratwurst

Marinated Lamb Chops

From the Sea

Atlantic Salmon

Marinated Red Snapper

Kabobs

Beef Tenderloin

Tandoori Chicken

Marinated Vegetables

Shrimp and Scallops

Spices, Glazes & Rubs

Spices & Rubs

Cajun

Lemon Pepper

Jerk

Southwest Pepper Blend

Blackened

Glazes

BBQ

Teriyaki

Sweet Chili

Chimichurri

Homemade Steak Sauce

Sides

Lobster Mac and Cheese

Gourmet Baked Beans

Baked Potato

Dirty Rice

Creamed Corn

Desserts

Apple Crumble

Blueberry Cobbler

Traditional American Cheesecake

Carrot Cake

Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie

Here is the menu its $40/pp

Would be great fun in a group

Menu

Appetizers

Flatbread Starters

All of our flatbreads are hand rolled to order on homemade dough.

Margherita

BBQ Chicken

Sausage & Peppers

Mediterranean Vegetable

Pepperoni

Create your own flatbread from any of the selections from our "Bountiful Harvest Salad Bar"

Salads

From Our Bountiful Harvest

We promise to make the "All You Can Eat" salad bar cool again by featuring an eclectic collection of fresh field greens, signature composed salads, colorful seasonal vegetables, gourmet cheeses and from scratch dressings. Also, no salad is complete without its accessories, wasabi peas or chow mein noodles, anyone?

Entrées

From Your Grill Master

Be adventurous as the Grill Master or let us do all the work for you. All grilled items are cooked on our customized self-ventilated grills. Portion sizes will be managed in accordance to your party's size.

From the Land

New York Strip Steak

Filet Mignon

12oz Rib Eye

Milk-Fed Veal Chop

Bratwurst

Marinated Lamb Chops

From the Sea

Atlantic Salmon

Marinated Red Snapper

Kabobs

Beef Tenderloin

Tandoori Chicken

Marinated Vegetables

Shrimp and Scallops

Spices, Glazes & Rubs

Spices & Rubs

Cajun

Lemon Pepper

Jerk

Southwest Pepper Blend

Blackened

Glazes

BBQ

Teriyaki

Sweet Chili

Chimichurri

Homemade Steak Sauce

Sides

Lobster Mac and Cheese

Gourmet Baked Beans

Baked Potato

Dirty Rice

Creamed Corn

Desserts

Apple Crumble

Blueberry Cobbler

Traditional American Cheesecake

Carrot Cake

Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie

you order what you want but they still bring huge platters of things you didnt order to the table too.. While you wait for your meal, a couple from the table will be invited to make the flatbreads which are more like Pizza than anything else..

I see they have removed the jumbo shrimp and the lobster tails from the menu though...and replaced them with the shrimp and scallop kebab.

Am sure it will all be great, and it is a fun noisy party!

Good morning all, just returned home from my gym, where I am happy to report that I did 3 miles cardio and a goodly clip, and therefore feel I can def afford to take part in a Lawn Club Grill dinner. So, count me in. The menu looks terribly inviting.

Saw 2 dif ads today for our cruise. One was for $799.00, including the 1-2-3. The other was for Cruise and Air and Hotel in Rome and all transfers, with no mention of 1-2-3, for $1,699.00 Balcony. Something tells me I should be more patient. But, I am quite happy with what I paid and so, what the, you know what I mean. I'm certain we'll all have a great time, right?

Boy oh boy, it was cool today. I left the house and it was 53. Warmer than what they reported it was supposed to be. But the sun is shining and its a beautiful day. I will now dive in on the other board. I don't understand why there are so many posts on that board every day. But, this site is so good for so many of us, that again, who cares.

Howard in sweater weather Fort Lauderdale

Hopefully, they will be offering some packages on the speciality restaurants. On Century at Xmas, a 5 night package in Murano was $130. On Silhouette last summer, they did a great 5 night package for couples that included wine.

It was never truly a deal. They added $800 to the regular fare and called it a deal. Unless you are an alcoholic the beverage packages seem a rip off. With elite status ,you get champagne at breakfast & free happy hour 5-7 so I usually get a bottle of wine with dinner(ave $50) that's 4 glasses which is over 4 servings of alcohol a day, twice what is recommended by doctors. 15 days x $50 is just $750 which works out to $375pp

The alcohol packages are $660 & $810pp then they add 15% gratuity at checkout...

I am not about to spend more on booze than the whole cruise, that's insane!

When I was on the Constellation 4 weeks ago I saw the internal pricing and it was $699 pp for a veranda. Which is a heluva of a deal. I booked on board since they give special deals if you book onboard.

That said, I doubt that you will see a veranda on this voyage for less than $699 having taken Solstice ships for the last few years TransAtlantic. This is the lowest I have ever seen. Last year I paid $799pp and year before $999pp

When I was on the phone with Captains Club for category upgrades she was looking at the inventory and basically said "it's wide open."

I would be quite happy if we sailed at 60 to 70 percent full as less crowded is fine with me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi: We were on the Celebrity Crossing from Southhampton last December, met Howard and several other "friends" had a great time. Now on this cruise, see you all on April 14th in the Martini Bar for pre dinner cocktails. Affentraveler. We breed Affenpinscher's , the BofS @ Westminster this year.

Hi: We were on the Celebrity Crossing from Southhampton last December, met Howard and several other "friends" had a great time. Now on this cruise, see you all on April 14th in the Martini Bar for pre dinner cocktails. Affentraveler. We breed Affenpinscher's , the BofS @ Westminster this year.

Are you Brits ??? Would you like to tell us anything about you guys??

Yes, I'm staying Saturday night at the Hampton Inn which is about 3 miles from Port Everglades, according to Google. Are you staying in FLL before the cruise?

Just checking if anyone is staying in FLL before the cruise....and are they staying close to Port Everglades

Welcome to this thread Al & Ken. I am glad you finally found us. I am happy to report that this couple is wonderful and no Jon, not Brits. They used to live here in Ft. Lauderdale and are moving back once they finish up the sale of their house in Tuscon. It was great fun traveling with them on the "Connie". Now we have a bigger venue to play in.

Howard in beautiful Fort Lauderdale

Hi NICK C (and everyone else!)

Just checking to see if you've filled your spots from Orlando? I am a party of 2 and we are thinking of staying in Orlando before the cruise. Would be great to ride with someone or even caravan.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Laura

Hello Gentlemen (and any ladies that might be on this thread as well). I know I'm joining this cruise rather late but I'm excited about being on this ship for this passage. I'm traveling solo and it's my first long cruise (why start small lol). Just wondering if it's a friendly group of people on the boat and how the Friends of Dorothy meeting work etc. As I said I'm traveling solo and would hate to think of two weeks of solo dinners and martinis as well. Looking forward to hearing any thoughts and looking forward to hopefully making some new friends on this trip.

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Welcome.

This LGBT page is pretty sparse in postings but the main page for the cruise is super busy. There seem to be some nice people on board, but I always find it fascinating to see who matches their online personality with how they are in-person. Last cruise, there was a woman who seemed really friendly through her posts, but was a total fake bitch in real life. So it's kind of a fun game of free theatre to see who is really behind the posts.

I am also traveling solo, or at least I have a veranda room to myself, but I have friends who are also coming on the cruise so I'll know some people onboard. My friends are straight and gay and they are all crazy. Seriously fun people but cray cray in a good way. You'll definitely make new friends onboard, and the best part of a transatlantic is that almost everyone is there to enjoy the sea days and the solitude of being with the wind and the waves. So you can have your downtime too, and then of course the mad FOD martini hour and other revelry. This is my 5th TA and it's what keeps me sane, I swear (although you can judge for itself how well THAT is working).

Glad another Californian is going to be onboard.

Cheers,

Julian

Hello Gentlemen (and any ladies that might be on this thread as well). I know I'm joining this cruise rather late but I'm excited about being on this ship for this passage. I'm traveling solo and it's my first long cruise (why start small lol). Just wondering if it's a friendly group of people on the boat and how the Friends of Dorothy meeting work etc. As I said I'm traveling solo and would hate to think of two weeks of solo dinners and martinis as well. Looking forward to hearing any thoughts and looking forward to hopefully making some new friends on this trip.

Cheers,

Rob

A bright and cheery good morning to all. I am happy to welcome newbie, RobE1, as it's never too late to join in. As Julian has pointed out, this is a rather quiet "thread", and the straight, so to speak because having been party to some of the cray cray goings on by the gentleman I just referenced and his cronies, I have serious doubts about this "straight" group. In reality it should be a big hoot. I am looking for some serious fun. And, if you're looking for a serious drinking crowd, oh boy oh boy have you found it. :o

Cruisinggourmet, we have met, I was part of the 2011 Alibi group. It was pleasure meeting you both then and I am sure it will be twice as nice this time.

Julian, I must concur with you regarding how people change on a dime. But, one can't let these individuals ruin the party. As my good friend "The Queen of Hearts" like to say, "Off with their heads".

RobE1, on board Celebrity ships, the FOD's meet at around 7PM every evening at the "Martini Bar" for frivolity. Then everyone breaks off into different groups, some of which had just been made and off to dinner. You will meet many many wonderful gals and guys. Usually there are anywhere from 50 to 150 FODers on board. Celebrity is infamous for their tremendous followers in the gay community.

Howard in beautiful Fort Lauderdale

Hi Rob and welcome to the thread.

I assumed you were from the east end of London (E1) but see you live in a much nicer part of the world!

I'm also cruising on my own for the first time, and was a little apprehensive about it, but I checked this thread before booking and the encouragement from Howard and Jon made me go ahead and book. There are at least two other solo gay cruisers on this rather quiet thread, and lots of solos (mainly straight ladies) over on the main thread. I'm sure we are all going to have a great time.

I've been known to enjoy the odd cocktail or two myself, and look forward to meeting you (and everyone else) in the Martini bar.

There is an almost obsessive compulsion with lists over on the main thread, and I don't want to start another one, but there has been mention on here of getting a gay table together for a few nights in QSine and the Lawn Club Grill. I'm also hoping to team up with people for trivia. Sure we can firm all that up on board.

Nick

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the words of encouragement and you can definitely count me in for any gay table gatherings (and I am a whiz at trivia also). I am so looking forward to not having my cell phone ring every 12 seconds and just relaxing by the pool with a good stiff one (a cocktail so get your mind out of the gutter lol.)

Cheers,

Rob

Archived