Viking and power strips

firstplacechef

Hi. To give you the best answer it would help to know your boat as they are not all alike. I have a 220 power strip that I've found very handy on 3 trips and different boats and older hotels. All of our camera chargers, hairdryer and laptop and tablet all handle both 110 and 220. To use 220 outlets you do need an adapter plug. My power strip alleviates that need for me.

I noticed Viking offers 110vin the rooms. is there more than one? Does Viking allow power strips and do you also need an adapter or converter?

We've used the Monster "Outlets to Go" power strip on our Viking cruises as it supports 110v and 220v use. It has four outlets and is also very compact.

Thanks for the info! We will be on Viking Spirit. On their website it states that they have 220 and 110, but wondered if that is correct and also wondered if the 110 was in the bedroom area or bathroom.

There is one 110V outlet in the bathroom for an electric razor (low current, will not run much else), and there is one (maybe two, don't remember positively) plus a 220V outlet in the wall center of the vanity. I always carry a Belkin outlet like the one below, plus a European conversion kit. That way I can utilize all available outlets. The Spirit is an older ship but in great condition.

Cheers.

Belkin.jpg.b30b48df79dce2a159999096e006b8f0.jpg

There is one 110V outlet in the bathroom for an electric razor (low current, will not run much else), and there is one (maybe two, don't remember positively) plus a 220V outlet in the wall center of the vanity. I always carry a Belkin outlet like the one below, plus a European conversion kit. That way I can utilize all available outlets. The Spirit is an older ship but in great condition.

Cheers.

Bill, I purchased one of these for travel, but because it has a grounding pin I could not get it to go in the socket, even with an adaptor. How do you manage to get yours to work?

I always carry a three prong to two prong adapter. The Belkin will go into the 110 outlet. When I use it with the 220 outlet and my conversion kit, I do have to prop up the Belkin as it extends to far away from the plug and the weight will pull it out of the socket.

Cheers,

adapter.jpg.910d7ae4b04da3d4ac1283388d893a89.jpg

Archived