Denali ATV tour

mommybearx2

Ahhhh! Thanks. We were looking at the rafting or ATV. Has anyone done either of these and have an opinion? Thanks

You are welcome!

I have a family member who often works doing the Denali area rafting trips. The various companies often trips which require different skill and desire levels. Choose carefully and don't hesitate to phone or email with questions. On either the ATV or raft trips there are not high density animal sightings. If animals are important to you, add that to your questions.

For examply as I am an older woman, my hands are weak & weary. I have trouble holding on in rafts in rough conditions. This likely is 'no issue' for a younger person.

On many cell phone plans calls to Alaska do not cost extra.

Ahhhh! Thanks. We were looking at the rafting or ATV. Has anyone done either of these and have an opinion? Thanks

I did both the White water rafting and the ATV last May when I was there. As mentioned you may not see too much wildlife but some. We saw some Dall Sheep in the rocks on the Rafting and did see some wildlife in the distance on the ATV however on the way back in the van a big Moose walked out right in front of us and we had to stop. The ATV was to the north of Denali Park but it was fun. There are many companies out there to use but let me give you ONE BIG heads up if you go White Water Rafting. Take some sort of waterproof gloves, even just some heavy rubber gloves like you wash dishes with. Let me tell you while they put you in a nice waterproof suit your hands are on their own and that water is ice cold. Your hands will get wet just like you will but of course you are in a suit while your hands freeze. Just something that keep them dry will make a big difference. The ATV tour I went on included a meal with drinks.

Thanks to all for the input. My children are 17 and 14. When we were in Oregon, one of the their most favorite excursions we did was riding in Sand Dunes. We did not go that far, but they had a blast. They were much younger and really wanted to try ATV in Alaska. It would be a bonus to see animals, but wondering about what companies people went with and if you enjoyed it. Thanks for your time.

Thanks to all for the input. My children are 17 and 14. When we were in Oregon, one of the their most favorite excursions we did was riding in Sand Dunes. We did not go that far, but they had a blast. They were much younger and really wanted to try ATV in Alaska. It would be a bonus to see animals, but wondering about what companies people went with and if you enjoyed it. Thanks for your time.

I looked it up, used "Black Diamond" for my ATV tour, yes I did like them and they have several different type tours. They will pick you up at your hotel or wherever you are staying.

We are planning on rafting the Nenana River and doing an ATV ride as well. I can't remember the name of the company I was considering, but I think they have an office in Glitter Gulch. I'm pretty sure they also have a coupon in either the TourSaver or Northern Lights book too. The ATV ride we're going to do is at midnight! Chose that not for any particular reason than I thought it would be fun to be out riding at midnight and it still be light enough to see without headlights! I'll page through all my information and see if I can find the name of the company and post it back here.

Thank you. I would appreciate it. I looked at the Black Diamond company and you have to be 16 to drive the ATV. My daughter will be at 15 at the time and would be totally bummed if she couldn't drive her own ATV, but I understand they have rules for reasons.

Thank you. I would appreciate it. I looked at the Black Diamond company and you have to be 16 to drive the ATV. My daughter will be at 15 at the time and would be totally bummed if she couldn't drive her own ATV, but I understand they have rules for reasons.

The one I was looking at is Denali Raft Adventure & Denali ATV Adventure. I think denaliraft.com will get you to both excursions. The other company with similar rafting adventures is Denali Ourdoor Center (denalioutdoorcenter.com) - not sure if they have ATV excursions though. I know there was another ATV company, but I can't find my notes on it anymore. I believe the minimum age was 16 or 17 for those companies too. My oldest (17) will be able to drive his own ATV, but my youngest will only be 13 so he'll just have to drive with either me or my DH!

The one I was looking at is Denali Raft Adventure & Denali ATV Adventure. I think denaliraft.com will get you to both excursions. The other company with similar rafting adventures is Denali Ourdoor Center (denalioutdoorcenter.com) - not sure if they have ATV excursions though. I know there was another ATV company, but I can't find my notes on it anymore. I believe the minimum age was 16 or 17 for those companies too. My oldest (17) will be able to drive his own ATV, but my youngest will only be 13 so he'll just have to drive with either me or my DH!

Denali Raft Adventure is who I used for my Whitewater rafting. As others have suggested, see if the coupon books have some 2 for 1. In my case I was single so the books where not too useful for me to buy.

Archived