Let me get this right....

My husband and I are allowed to each bring bring one bottle of wine on board with us Saturday--right? Do they allow the larger bottles of wine, or are they really strict with the 1 liter rule? Also, we can each (dh, ds, and myself) bring a 12 pack of soda and a 12 pack of water? I have ordered liquor from bon voyage but would like to save money on sodas for my husband and myself. We will be getting my son a soda card. Does anyone have a current price on a soda card? These are all of the things I can think of for now. If anyone can think of anything I've left out, just pass your advice along:). Thanks!

My husband and I are allowed to each bring bring one bottle of wine on board with us Saturday--right? Do they allow the larger bottles of wine, or are they really strict with the 1 liter rule? Also, we can each (dh, ds, and myself) bring a 12 pack of soda and a 12 pack of water? I have ordered liquor from bon voyage but would like to save money on sodas for my husband and myself. We will be getting my son a soda card. Does anyone have a current price on a soda card? These are all of the things I can think of for now. If anyone can think of anything I've left out, just pass your advice along:). Thanks!

It is 750ml - not 1 liter, and yes you make each bring one.

It is 12 bottles/cans of non-alcoholic beverages up to 20 oz. each person. So for 3 of you, 36 bottles/cans total.

The soda card for a child is $4.50 per day plus 15% gratutity.

re the soda card thing- Can only the under 21's buy this for our cabin. Or does everyone need to buy this. Also are diet/light/zero drinks available with this as one of my dd's is diabetic. Can it be used to order drinks at diner MDR

Is there an ice machine on each deck for in cabin drinks.

Thanks, cant wait its our first cruise :)

re the soda card thing- Can only the under 21's buy this for our cabin. Or does everyone need to buy this. Also are diet/light/zero drinks available with this as one of my dd's is diabetic. Can it be used to order drinks at diner MDR

Is there an ice machine on each deck for in cabin drinks.

Thanks, cant wait its our first cruise :)

Anyone can purchase the soda card, or endless bubbles. It is a per person purchase, not by cabin. Once purchased the individual purchasing, or that it was purchased for, gets a sticker applied to their S&S card. The do have diet drinks onboard the ship. It can be used in the MDR. There is not an ice machine available, but if you have a small cooler that you bring that meets the requirements of CCL, you can ask your steward to keep it filled with ice.

Also, we can each (dh, ds, and myself) bring a 12 pack of soda and a 12 pack of water?

Just in case this wasn't clear from the earlier response, it's a 12 pack, 20oz max per bottle/can, of soda OR water, not both.

Anyone can purchase the soda card, or endless bubbles. It is a per person purchase, not by cabin. Once purchased the individual purchasing, or that it was purchased for, gets a sticker applied to their S&S card. The do have diet drinks onboard the ship. It can be used in the MDR. There is not an ice machine available, but if you have a small cooler that you bring that meets the requirements of CCL, you can ask your steward to keep it filled with ice.

There is also a 24-hour ice machine available on the lido deck for sodas and juice. They only serve coke products and some vitamin waters, so if you have any worries about what is a available I suggest you bring your own

We just came back from the Pride today. I brought two six packs of 16.9 oz Diet Coke, four 20oz bottles of water, four 16 oz Starbucks frappucinos, and two 750ml bottles of wine. You can do all sorts of mix and match with the soda and water, as long as you don't mind the single bottles free in your bag. I did worry about the Starbucks as they are in glass bottles, as was the wine. I didn't want any broken bottles so each glass bottle went in one of DHs socks (tell your DH if you do this so he knows where his socks went to) and security had no problem with this. They gave the Diet Coke a cursory glance, shook the water, stripped all glass bottles of their socks...and put them back on again, and looked closely at the wine. Took about three minutes.

This is the first time we brought more than a couple of sodas and waters. We came home with one bottle of wine and one bottle of water. My jury is still out as to whether or not we'll carry large amounts of drinks onboard again. DH really liked the sodas and the Starbucks. We had a nice cold fridge in the cabin that was already unlocked. We emptied it of the pay thru the nose contents and put our stuff in. So convenient!

And the rolling bag we used to carry the drinks onboard was now free to hold our treasures...conch shells foind in Grand Turk, wind chimes bought in Freeport, and that lone bottle of wine I guess I'll have to pop open later (I messed up and bought a corked bottle when my best laid plan was to do screw top wine so I wouldn't need a cork screw). Turns out that we only needed one bottle of wine.

Archived