Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

The pool is not owned by chankanaab, it is actually privately owned. We never used it as the weather really did not help. But if I was informed correctly, there is a minimum of $7 purchase at the bar to make use of the pool.

DSC08637_zps3b71e65f.jpg

DSC08639_zps5627b21a.jpg

There was a lifegard there (from Dolphin Discovery), he didn't say a word to us. Spent 30-40 minutes in the Pool. It was Cool, good for us Canadians ;-)

I've noticed I'm in a couple of your Pics. Any Royalties coming my way??

Also, did you actually meet up with anyone from our CC Meet & Mingle Board??

Whew! It took me a few days, but I have finally caught up. In the meantime, you have caught up to me on my review. You went almost a month after me and may finish your review before I do!

I have loved your review. Chankanaab reminded me of our dolphin encounter there. I loved your evening photoshoot on the ship. And we bought the Allure ornament and just hung it on our tree yesterday. (We also have a Liberty one, but were unable to get an Oasis - they were sold out when we sailed.)

Thanks again for the review! I want to go back!

Susan, I'm still reading your review too. Gambee's review is great compared to my quick 8 page review. :D

Day 7

Sea Day

Our Last day

Woke up at 7:44am to a very windy and somewhat choppy day.

Here is the video,

Remember how at the beginning of the review I said that I wanted to get a room on the starboard side to avoid the sun hitting into the balcony early in the morning? Well I guess that all the planning payed off, this was the first morning that we had it beaming into it, fortunately the weather was a little cloudy and it was not that bad. It actually was actually perfect because it was a little chilly outside and the sun provided just enough heat to keep us ousted comfortable.

There was a slight feeling of sadness that morning, we knew that our cruise was soon going to be over. But like mom stated, "It will not be our last one, we will soon be aboard another one" and I guess she was right, knowing me I would book one before the end of the month. I need to have something in my head to keep me preoccupied.

We were traveling at 15.4 knots and had head winds of 24 - 32 knots, it felt very nice. We sat on our balcony and noticed that far away you could see Cuba and the NCL ship was still traveling with us. I really enjoy when ships travel together, it's fun to watch if one gets ahead of the other and such and in a way it adds a feeling of security, not that I ever felt unsafe.

DSC08988_zpsd404bff6.jpg

As we sat there and I check mom's email and my Facebook, all I had in my memory was that red velvet cake that my bf had the night before. It was such a tasty dessert, I wondered if I could just stop by and buy one, but I never got around that. We also talked about the possibility of ports that Cuba could offer, they have so much to be explored, too bad that the political situation does not allow it. At that point in time we had $18.90 left of internet from our initial $150 credit, it had worked fine for us, but in the future I will get a smaller package. I gained enough information on how to compress the pictures to a minimal file while maintaining decent email quality. I think that I could easily do it with 200 minutes or less, this time we had 500 minutes.

We also decided to fill in the luggage tags that had been delivered the night before,

SCAN0051.jpg

My bf had ordered breakfast again last night, but thankfully he only ordered a couple of plates, there was no way I was going to eat that on my last day. After we finished all the computer work, mom and I decided to go to the windjammer to get a real breakfast. So we got ready and headed upstairs.

DSC08992_zps72e28dd8.jpg

Once upstairs an employee asked "how many in our party?" we replied 2 and he told us to follow him, he quickly found a table for us, but I think it was pure luck. I noticed that he had no idea were to put us, they just walk around until they find a seat to accommodate you. The place was packed!

DSC08993_zps6d0863b4.jpg

Mom got her usual fruit plate, she never really has an appetite in the morning and well in reality neither do I, but I was not going to let this opportunity pass.

So I got a bunch of stuff:

DSC08994_zpsd61189d5.jpg

DSC08995_zps842b742c.jpg

DSC08996_zpsd0f5e38b.jpg

DSC08997_zps5ecdb692.jpg

Everything was excellent for the exception of one hard rock muffin, the sad part is that I pretty much finished everything :-(. Something that I regret now, lol :p

After breakfast we went downstairs, we had to pack the bags. Before going into the room we said goodmorning to Gilbert and he gave us a few documents. One of them was the comment card, there was only one given per room, my bf took care of it and filled it out. He had all my notes and made sure that everyone that I needed to be mentioned was mentioned. I believe at some point in time my mom got another card because they could not fit everything into one card. She said guest services was PACKED!!! I can only imagine..

I went to the balcony, while my mom and my bf packed. I would gladly helped them, but my bf says I don't know how to pack. And I guess he is right, I would most likely just dump everything in the bag and thats it :D. so bad, I know. But don't judge me, I am on Vacation, lol ;-)

While I was in our balcony I noticed how annoying the Compasses in spanish actually were, they put all the times in military time and it takes me a few seconds to change it in my brain. It becomes very annoying if you're trying to change 40-60 hours a day, I am not sure where they got their data for that. But most of south america works on non-military time just like the USA. Very very annoying, RCCL you need to change that!

Mom also took down all the wall decorations except one little anchor. In the mean time I decided to make a little tutorial on how to log in into the internet using your computer in the room. This is after you have already setup the account on the TV.

You type in the ID and password

DSC08999_zpsdbfc5da1.jpg

Then it directs you to this screen

DSC09000_zpsfc06fc09.jpg

You press ok, or so I remember that, not sure. I guess there is not need for the book mark. Your call.

DSC09001_zpse4e572c5.jpg

Press ok again

DSC09002_zpseeeeac8c.jpg

Make sure you leave that little window open, because you need to log out

DSC09003_zpsb0b74272.jpg

I like moving mine to the lower corner, to log off you click on the pink sign.

DSC09004_zps274c50b6.jpg

And thats it. You need to log off, if you don't it runs for a few minutes before logging out on it's own.

DSC09005_zps3d89407c.jpg

I took few more pointless pictures there, I was taking soooooo many pictures that day! If I moved an inch I would take a picture, it was my last day and I needed to make sure I got the most possible.

DSC09006_zps74e9e529.jpg

DSC09007_zps45568c83.jpg

The residue, from the old system. They should really clean that out.

DSC09010_zps17602541.jpg

We got off on the royal promenade so I could take some pictures that I thought I had missed.

We never went there :-(

DSC09024_zps3d71584a.jpg

DSC09025_zps565cc2e1.jpg

DSC09026_zps5e737783.jpg

DSC09027_zps29098a85.jpg

like I said a lot of panoramas on this day, I want to help you get a better feel for the space in the ship and this is the best way to do it. We all know I am no good at videos, lol

DSC09028-Edit_zps3e8ec0e1.jpg

DSC09028_zps833a4f1f.jpg

DSC09031_zpsccd991ff.jpg

DSC09035_zps4ebcf247.jpg

Main Dinning Room

DSC09038-Edit_zps8dbf19b8.jpg

DSC09041_zps1c13ef80.jpg

DSC09045_zps53308ddb.jpg

DSC09046_zpsd64fa61f.jpg

That is it for this set, I will work on some more and post them later on today. I just trying to figure out what happened to some of my pics. Thanks for stopping by.

I started getting sad--cruise withdrawal--when I read the departure instructions. :( Then I remembered--I'm not really getting off now. I'll be on Allure in one week! ;):D:D

Thanks, Gambee, for sharing your wonderful experience with us. I really felt like I was there with you!

Edited by RoamingRetirees

Have to say yet again - AMAZING review and like everyone else i'm wondering what i'm going to do next week!! Almost to 1000 posts and 50 pages - you definitely have a following :)

One favour to ask though - since you've said you're going to try out different cruise lines PLEASE come back to this thread and post a link to your next review. Most of us don't frequent the other boards but are subscribed to this thread so we'll be able to relive it with you :)

Edited by Beth C

RCCL should really consider what music they play on the last day at sea, in the royal promenade they had a young lady playing the violin with some very not so sheerfull music, it almost had titanic feel to it. Add to it that we all know that it is our last day at sea….. not good, that was enough to make my mom and I leave the promenade, we needed something happier. Please don't get me wrong, I actually love the violin, but not that kind of music and our last day at sea.

DSC09076_zps37e25721.jpg

DSC09111_zps57c20725.jpg

DSC09112_zpsbf88ea12.jpg

DSC09118_zps32a26564.jpg

DSC09119_zps584a413b.jpg