Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

DSC08634_zps73712e49.jpg

The scuba center, here you also rent the snorkel equipment.

DSC08635_zps08217140.jpg

For those of you asking about the beach area, this is the only one I noticed in the park. There might be more, but I am not sure.

DSC08636_zpsf9e4b782.jpg

The pool is not owned by chankanaab, it is actually privately owned. We never used it as the weather really did not help. But if I was informed correctly, there is a minimum of $7 purchase at the bar to make use of the pool.

DSC08637_zps3b71e65f.jpg

DSC08639_zps5627b21a.jpg

Before leaving Chankanaab we decided to see the sea lion show, here is a short video of it:

The show is very good and always making the audience aware of keeping our world clean and protect it. The only problem was that his english was a little weak and hard to understand, but it was a fun little show.

DSC08644_zpscfc480d2.jpg

DSC08647_zps4aba74b3.jpg

DSC08651_zps63de1d53.jpg

DSC08653_zpsae64cfdc.jpg

DSC08662_zps8467bb99.jpg

DSC08667_zpsf9ca1ff5.jpg

DSC08718_zpsf532e071.jpg

Taxi rates from Chankanaab

DSC08720_zps4e5c7729.jpg

Overall Chankanaab was perfect for us on our first visit to Cozumel, we got to see a little of everything on our own terms. Chankanaab offers a little for everyone in the family, it never felt crowded and service was excellent.

I believe that Cozumel is one port that you do on your own and not with the cruise excursions. On our next visit to Cozumel I will look into either an all inclusive or renting a jeep and going around the island.

That's it for now friends I have to head to work for the rest of the day, feel free to ask anything. I tried to cover it all, but if I left something out, just ask away. I still have more stuff for Cozumel and that night we had our best dinner on the ship.

Thanks for following.

Edited by gambee

Hi Gambee. Just wanted to take a minute to tell you how awesome your review is (as you have been told many, many times :-) As a newbie to CC and as someone who has never cruised before this review is exactly what I need. I think you need to be hired by RCCL to go on ALL the different ships, itineraries, and excursions so we can all get as detailed a review as you have done for the Allure.

I can hear your excitement and enthusiasm in your post as I read and I. LOVE. THAT. Thank you so much for taking the many hours you have to feed our addiction for wanting more.

--Michele

Hi Gambee! I have been following your review since day 1, and I absolutely love it! I actually feel a little depressed when I get to the last page, the hit the refresh and find out it is really the last page for now! But at least I know there is more to come later :). Don't know what we are going to do when you are finished with your review.....can't even think about that now!! :D.

Anyway, the day you told us what camera you use (I think it was about a week ago) I went to the Sony store to look at the camera ( the are currently running a great bundle deal). But after looking at it I didn't buy it as I was intimidated by it. I can actually take a blurry picture with a point & shoot. Lets say I get over my camera, do you think there maybe hope for the hopeless?

DSC08252_zps2c2ad54f.jpg

DSC08251_zpscf2b57ae.jpg

Let me stop here and ask a question to all of you, does anyone know if this is day resort or it belongs to a hotel? The reason I ask is because I am in love with the place and I would like to go there next time I visit Cozumel. I will post pictures from the other side later on. The place has an Awesome endless pool, a Jacuzzi and the beach all within arms reach and the VIEW!!!.

Please if anyone has information on this, let me know, thank you in advance :)

Thats the Park Royal, a resort. We stayed there for a week a couple of years ago. Its a really nice all inclusive. They do have day use for cruisers. I think that ran $75 and included lunch and all you could drink.

Great Review, loving every minute of it.

We have been to Chankanaab Park six times and I have never seen the Alligator...where was it located. Did you go into the botanical gardens to see the replica of of the ruins, they are spectacular.

The last time we were there in 2011 they made us wear a life vest when we went into the water..has that changed?

Take Care

I wanted to ask you for a favor. Is there any way you can send me a couple pictures take with fisheye adaptor on?

I have read reviews were people claim that the fisheye adaptor does not help that much, that is the only reason I have not bought it yet.

if you can and it is not much of a bother, can you please send them to my email, it is right there on my signature.

Thank you so much.

Sent two e-mails one with 16mm lens and second with 16mm + fisheye of the same location. Let me know if you need anything else. BTW- the Fisheye will fit your 18-55 lens too, in case you didn't want to buy the 16mm pancake. But the angle will be not quite as wide.

We have a dinner party planned for tomorrow evening. Sole purpose of the get together? To get to know the parents of my dear daughter's friend who we are bringing on the Allure next March. She is 15 and has never cruised; for goodness sakes she won the jackpot and is coming with us!!!

I wanted to tell you that your entire picture review will be the highlight of our night as we get excited for the Allure again and show her off. Thanks for giving us the tools to do so! Your pics all look fantastic on our new huge Apple laptop :)

LOVE THIS THREAD and dont want it to end.

Thanks again for this wonderful entertainment.:D

One more day and a wakeup before leaving on Allure!

Can't believe tomorrow is packing day.

Gambee, your photography is such an inspiration for me to do more stills. Won't stop with video, however. That is still my main passion. I did look at all your videos too.

Gambee's mom- I was quite impressed with your skill with your son's F-3. Maybe you can convince him to give it to you and he can upgrade to the new 6. :)

Gambee,

Again you have impressed me so much. I was on the Allure on the October 21 cruise. When we were in Cozumel, we did the Amazing Cozumel Race. Seeing your photographs of downtown reminded me so much of our race. We had a lot of clues at the locations in your pictures. We had so much fun doing the Amazing Race. The locals were so helpful and made it so much more fun. They really get into it. I love Cozumel, also. My cousin, my nephew and his partner had an amazing time. We all agree to go back and stay in one of the all inclusives. Maybe next year. Thanks again for your wonderful review.

Shirley

Gambee, thanks for the great photo review!! I know these things take alot of time and effort to put together....thanks for doing this!! Brings back lots of great memories from our cruise on Allure's sister earlier this year!

Similar to you, we like to snorkel and did Chankanaab on our very first cruise back in 2004. Good to see the snorkelling is still good there as I had heard some of the hurricanes had impacted the area.

Thanks again for all the photos and memories!!

Edited by cruisinskier

DSC08698_zps5ba4a10a.jpg

DSC08700_zpsc9b91dcc.jpg

DSC08702_zps6d4e7440.jpg

The weather was not the best, but it had yet to rain at Chankanaab

DSC08705-Edit_zps887b26a6.jpg

the entire place is very clean and modern.

DSC08709_zpse87f191b.jpg

You call that clean and modern???? thanks for the pictures of Chankanaab after seeing the place thru your pictures we will never go there because it looks dirty and old with very old looking and uncomfortable chaise lounges. Thanks again because you saved us a trip there but im glad you enjoyed it.

Awesome, awesome, awesome review! So glad I have a cruise booked! :D

Thanks for posting glad you like it :)

Hi Gambee. Just wanted to take a minute to tell you how awesome your review is (as you have been told many, many times :-) As a newbie to CC and as someone who has never cruised before this review is exactly what I need. I think you need to be hired by RCCL to go on ALL the different ships, itineraries, and excursions so we can all get as detailed a review as you have done for the Allure.

I can hear your excitement and enthusiasm in your post as I read and I. LOVE. THAT. Thank you so much for taking the many hours you have to feed our addiction for wanting more.

--Michele

Thanks for your post that is very nice of you. You really need to try to get our there on a cruise, they are just so much fun. We are currently working on our next one :)

Thanks for following my review, I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Thats the Park Royal, a resort. We stayed there for a week a couple of years ago. Its a really nice all inclusive. They do have day use for cruisers. I think that ran $75 and included lunch and all you could drink.

Thanks for the info, the place looks really nice and I love infinity pools :). Mom said she much rather tour the island in a car. I think that is what we are going to end up doing next time.

Hi Gambee! I have been following your review since day 1, and I absolutely love it! I actually feel a little depressed when I get to the last page, the hit the refresh and find out it is really the last page for now! But at least I know there is more to come later :). Don't know what we are going to do when you are finished with your review.....can't even think about that now!! :D.

Anyway, the day you told us what camera you use (I think it was about a week ago) I went to the Sony store to look at the camera ( the are currently running a great bundle deal). But after looking at it I didn't buy it as I was intimidated by it. I can actually take a blurry picture with a point & shoot. Lets say I get over my camera, do you think there maybe hope for the hopeless?

The camera runs itself on the automatic mode, there is nothing to worry about. The only thing that you really need to think about is when to use the flash, thats it. A good reason why some of your pictures are blurry in the point & shoot camera, is because of the lack lighting or maybe you moved your hand just a little when you pressed the shutter. Like everything in life there is a learning curve, but for this camera is really not that much.

Give it some thought play with it in the store. Let me know if you changed your mind.

Glad to know you are still here with us enjoying the review :)

Loving this review. The photos of the merchandise in downtown Cozumel actually makes me want to buy it. Consider a career in advertising. Thanks for the review. I'll be sad when it ends.

I never thought of advertising, but it definitely sounds like something I might be interested in. Thanks for the advice, I will look further into it.

I think I will miss it when it ends as well, I been having a blast doing it. :)

Loving this review so far! Great job! Looks like it was a wonderful vacation :)

Thanks for your comment, yeah it was a blast, a vacation to remember. Thanks for following our adventure :D

Great Review, loving every minute of it.

We have been to Chankanaab Park six times and I have never seen the Alligator...where was it located. Did you go into the botanical gardens to see the replica of of the ruins, they are spectacular.

The last time we were there in 2011 they made us wear a life vest when we went into the water..has that changed?

Take Care

If you look at this map the alligator is in number 22, there were only two of them.

DSC08471_zpsa0f41fa7.jpg

Actually I completely forgot to go to the replica section, you just reminded me right now, what a shame... Maybe next time :)

I did see some people with vests, but most of us did not wear one. Maybe they changed the rules?

I am happy to see that you're still enjoying the review :), I am almost done with it :(

Thanks for posting.

What a fantastic review. Thank you so much for taking the time to post it. I'm loving it with all the pictures! Can't wait for the rest

You're so very welcome, thanks for posting hope you continue to enjoy. :)