Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Donna' date=' I'm glad someone said it! I haven't been keeping up regularly because of classes and all, but with finals just around the corner- naturally procrastination sets in lol.

Since day 1 "Gambee" has been talking about this review so much and how much he appreciates everyone's input and positive energy. Now that I'm getting around to reading ALL his thoughts on my quirks... let's just sayyy he's in for it when he gets home from work *gets the rolling pin ready* lol.[/quote']

LOL...I do the same to my husband, it's a sign of great love! Gambee is lucky to have you and his mom...my family is not as patient with all of my picture taking!!!

Edited by funfamilyof6

Hi Gambee

Sorry to ask this so long after page one. Can you let me know how you found out which nights were formal/casual before you went on the cruise? I absolutely love your planner and have used it as a template for our ports of call/days at sea etc, but am now down to the dining room reservations/options and I want to work out what dresses to pack.

PS. Many thanks for an absolutely awesome review. We may be travelling on the other side of the world Aus/NZ and on the VOTS rather than Allure, but I have gained a wonderful insight into cruising of the modern day. Caribbean cruising looks wonderful.

Donna' date=' I'm glad someone said it! I haven't been keeping up regularly because of classes and all, but with finals just around the corner- naturally procrastination sets in lol.

Since day 1 "Gambee" has been talking about this review so much and how much he appreciates everyone's input and positive energy. Now that I'm getting around to reading ALL his thoughts on my quirks... let's just sayyy he's in for it when he gets home from work *gets the rolling pin ready* lol.[/quote']

Oh my "GBF", so glad you have weighed in. I hope your cruise was also wonderful, and I hope the rolling pin stays in the cabinet. Your BF is a star.....he might make you rich, as this review honestly should be a book!

Well now we've got the whole crew on board ;) Mom's chiming in and now GBF... so we all know what G felt about the cruise... your thoughts???

That's so sweet that you're getting the rolling pin out to make cookies for him... we all know how much he likes cookies LOL LOL :P

Edited by Beth C

Awsome Gambee!!! I'm trying to get some clothes tried on so I can make my piles for packing........we leave next week for the Allure and your photos are really making it hard for me to stay away from the computer.........LOL I keep checking back to see if you posted more..........LOL

Gambee's mom.........so many of us are enjoying your son's review and photos sooooo much!!!! Can't wait for the 2 of you to cruise again.......LOL

Patty

I hope you have a blast on your cruise Patty, thank for keeping up with me. By now I thought a few of you would be tired of this. Definitely make sure you try on your cloths, you don't want what happened to me to happen to you. lol :rolleyes:

About us cruising again... Well its in the works ;)

Gambee- Careful with the Rokinon 8mm 2.8 f Ultra wide fish eye. It has vignetted rectangle for 35mm frame and produce a circular image for digital full frame. That may not be the effect you want. Wherever you buy, be sure the place has a good return policy in case you are not satisfied with the results.

Now back to packing.

By now you must be getting ready to board, so I am not sure if you will even read this. The rukinon is just a fun lens and nothing more, maybe to try to explore a creative side. Thanks for the warning, I appreciate it.

I actually took a good deal on one yesterday, could not resist :D:D:D. lol. I still hav intentions on getting the 10-18 in december as I need a good super-wide to wide.

Have a great cruise and I hope you manage to get some great stills as well as video :)

Safe trip.

I am especially interested in your review of 150 Central Park. I am so enjoying your review with the "glass half full" perspective. You and your mom sound like "good people" as we say it in Tennessee. She raised you right!

I am actually looking forward to getting into it. It was an interesting experience. Thanks for the nice comment.

We have been to Cozumel twice before but have never been to downtown are most of the shops on the water like in this picture? We're taking a tour and since seeing your pictures we'll ask to dropped off downtown.

Yes, the entire downtown runs across from the ocean. There are side streets, but we never went that way. It is very nice, I am sure you will enjoy it very much.

Whew! It took me a few days, but I have finally caught up. In the meantime, you have caught up to me on my review. You went almost a month after me and may finish your review before I do!

I have loved your review. Chankanaab reminded me of our dolphin encounter there. I loved your evening photoshoot on the ship. And we bought the Allure ornament and just hung it on our tree yesterday. (We also have a Liberty one, but were unable to get an Oasis - they were sold out when we sailed.)

Thanks again for the review! I want to go back!

You're very welcome, I see my mom made a post on your review, I have to go catch up with it. Thanks so much for taking the time to read mine, I know it went a little longer than expected.

Chankanaad was great, we loved every minute we were there.

Is anyone else sad that this winding down? :(

There will me more :).

I am happy you like it that much.

I would be, but we're boarding her in 8 days! :D:D

Yayyyyyyy :), have a blast. Thanks for keeping up with me.

I need this tee shirt. I know it all because I google everything!! My husband would find that funny. He constantly makes fun of the fact that I love to google everything. :)

They had some really great ones, but I decided not to post them. I was afraid they would not clear the forum rules. :)

GAMBEE, you have, many pages ago, joined a fairly tight circle of CCr's that do the MOST INCREDIBLE REVIEWS!!!!!

I am totally blown away by your photography. It is second to none. You seem to have a real zest for life overshadowed by what comes across as a very gentle and kind nature. No wonder you and your Mom are each others biggest fans.

I'll be on the Oasis at the end of January with my Sister and dear Mom. Hope you'll have another cruise booked by then and if it happens to be on the same one as us, I feel the need to sit down and buy you a dirty martini. I love them also (especially with the blue cheese-stuffed olives)!!!

Thank you so much for your kind comment, it was very nice of you. Mom and I are definitely very close :)

I am sure you will have a blast on the oasis, that class of ships is just something else. Words don't give them justice.

Our next cruise is on the works, there are a few options. Like I stated before, I am interested in trying all the cruise lines within our range, to see which one fits us best. I will most likely have something booked by the end of this year.

Thank you so much for keeping up with our adventure and for expressing how you felt about it.

I hope you have a great trip, full of wonderful memories that will last for the rest of your life :)

Happy holidays!

You say the taxi drove you all the way north...Well I have a map of the city on hands and would like to know where exactly did you get off. Was it near the store Los Cinco Soles/Pancho's backyard?

If so, how long of a walk to go back to the peer?

I cannot walk for long distances and I wonder if I could make it...

Thanks for all those wonderful infos and pics. Will be on Allure next March

Ok, lets see. I am trying to do this in google maps and its a bit cloudy in that map. It seems like the cab dropped us off near Pancho's backyard and we walked roughly slightly less of a mile south, before catching a taxi to go to Chankanaab.

Docking in the International pier, it will be a long walk back to the dock, about 1:20. I am not sure if that is something that you want to do. If I was you I take a cab there walk a little and take a cab back. it might be the best option.

Thank you for commenting on my pictures, I hope you have a great time aboard lady Allure.

Happy Holidays. :)

Gambee I LOVE this photo and of course every other picture and post you have posted! On our last cruise you should have seen the look on my kids faces when I carefully packed our monkey in my suitcase to take home (of course with permission from our cabin steward). I now see him hanging every time I take a walk in my kitchen...helps a little with cruise withdrawal LOL.

Congratulations on your Cruise Critic milestone of 100,000 views (I think I was at least 1000 of them). You deserve more than 5 stars!!! ;)

That is so cool, I never thought of asking for Monkey, maybe next time lol.

Thank you very much, I was very excited about the 5 stars and passing 100,000 was just amazing, I never thought I would get there.

It is all thanks to all of you, thank you very much for following up with our adventure :)

Excellent timing with the final pages of the review. Next weekend I'll be in Fort Lauderdale and it will be my turn to experience Allure of the Seas. Can't wait!

Gambee, you da man!!! :D

Thank you, you will have a blast I am sure of it. You're doing the same route I did or the eastern one?

I'm only on page 18 out of 46 so far and I am LOVING every bit & detail! I just had to stop reading and tell you that :D

Thanks so much for the post, I hope you continue to enjoy :)

Don't read it too fast ;)

Thank you so much for the review and pictures ... it is perfect! Jan

Thanks for following me :)

Happy Holidays!

Keep up the great work Gambee!

Ill try, just one day left :)

Hi Gambee

Sorry to ask this so long after page one. Can you let me know how you found out which nights were formal/casual before you went on the cruise? I absolutely love your planner and have used it as a template for our ports of call/days at sea etc, but am now down to the dining room reservations/options and I want to work out what dresses to pack.

PS. Many thanks for an absolutely awesome review. We may be travelling on the other side of the world Aus/NZ and on the VOTS rather than Allure, but I have gained a wonderful insight into cruising of the modern day. Caribbean cruising looks wonderful.

Well I found out from reading in this forum, the good thing about the oasis class is that a lot of people have knowledge on them. But in any case ask the question on the RCCL forum and someone might the answer it.

Thank you for taking the time to post and comment on my review.

Have a fun cruise :)

Hi Gambee

As far as the formal nights, on Oasis it was the 2nd and 5th night on our western Caribbean cruise. I imagine it's pretty much the same for Allure. It'll be listed in your daily planner delivered to your cabin :)

Ok, lets see. I am trying to do this in google maps and its a bit cloudy in that map. It seems like the cab dropped us off near Pancho's backyard and we walked roughly slightly less of a mile south, before catching a taxi to go to Chankanaab.

Docking in the International pier, it will be a long walk back to the dock, about 1:20. I am not sure if that is something that you want to do. If I was you I take a cab there walk a little and take a cab back. it might be the best option.

Thank you for commenting on my pictures, I hope you have a great time aboard lady Allure.

Happy Holidays. :)

Gambee, We love Pancho's Backyard and the Los Cinco Soles store that is in front of it. The food at Pancho's is delicious.......haven't been there in about 10 years but last time there the food was awsome. You should have lunch there next time your in Cozumel.

I agree with you........we took a taxi there and walked back till I think we reached Sr. Frogs.......had a drink there and then took a taxi back. We would have never made it back to the ship if we didn't take the taxi because we did snorkeling in the morning so it was already late afternoon. It's quite a walk!

Patty

hank you, you will have a blast I am sure of it. You're doing the same route I did or the eastern one?

Same route as you did. You were going to try and convince me to go ashore in Cozumel. I think your review and pictures may just have accomplished that. We'll see how it goes as the ship is backing into the pier. ;)

Remarkable review, pictures, unbelievable. I looked at the Cozumel shopping area thru your eyes and saw a much more colorful view than mine. I like that!

Have you booked another cruise while on board? As with my fave all time reviewers of which you now belong, yours will be greatly anticipated.

Your mom should be very proud of raising such an exceptional son. It's a gift to spend such quality time with her.

As I sat there listening to ABBA, having my glass of wine looking at the ocean and wondering if there was anything better than cruising in life? That's it I was hooked, I had just realized that from then on most of my vacations were going to be spend cruising! No question about it. I was in Heaven :)

My DH and I will be headed out on our 6th or 7th cruise soon. We are still addicted and I cant imagine ever getting tired of it. Hearing the loud fog horns sound and feeling the ship start to leave port...makes me kinda teary eyed just thinking about it.

My DH went begrudgingly on our first cruise; he complained for weeks right up until the moment he stepped out onto the balcony of our junior suite (JS...how's that for a cruise virgin!). He stood there, holding a chocolate-dipped strawberry that I'd pre-arranged with champagne chilling nearby...he turns and looks at me and says, "This is the best trip I've ever been on." LOL because we hadnt even left the port yet. Reminds me of that scene from "Pretty Woman" (my fav movie of all time...) when Vivian is wearing the red dress and turns to Edward and says, "If I forget to tell you later, I had a great time."

I'm so glad you love cruising as much as the rest of your CC family here does. We havent left yet, but I'm already planning the next cruise.