Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

As far as the formal nights, on Oasis it was the 2nd and 5th night on our western Caribbean cruise. I imagine it's pretty much the same for Allure. It'll be listed in your daily planner delivered to your cabin :)

I believe he is traveling in Australia on a different ship, I am not even sure if its a 5,7,9 day cruise or how does works.

Gambee, We love Pancho's Backyard and the Los Cinco Soles store that is in front of it. The food at Pancho's is delicious.......haven't been there in about 10 years but last time there the food was awsome. You should have lunch there next time your in Cozumel.

I agree with you........we took a taxi there and walked back till I think we reached Sr. Frogs.......had a drink there and then took a taxi back. We would have never made it back to the ship if we didn't take the taxi because we did snorkeling in the morning so it was already late afternoon. It's quite a walk!

Patty

Yeah we really need to return to Cozumel at some point in time, there is just so much to there, and who doesn't love authentic mexican food? well other than my bf ;) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Same route as you did. You were going to try and convince me to go ashore in Cozumel. I think your review and pictures may just have accomplished that. We'll see how it goes as the ship is backing into the pier. ;)

I do love Cozumel ;)

Remarkable review, pictures, unbelievable. I looked at the Cozumel shopping area thru your eyes and saw a much more colorful view than mine. I like that!

Have you booked another cruise while on board? As with my fave all time reviewers of which you now belong, yours will be greatly anticipated.

Your mom should be very proud of raising such an exceptional son. It's a gift to spend such quality time with her.

Thank you so much for your kind comment and be sure that I will be reviewing as many ships as I can in the future. We have not yet booked another cruise, I am basically waiting to finish this review to book my next cruise. I am thinking April for my birthday :)

I am really happy that you liked my review that much, thats really great. I will try to keep the same standart for my future ones, if not raise it. I made several mistakes with some notes that I lost and with the camera, this was my first trip with her.

Thank you for posting here.

Happy holidays :)

What a wonderful review. I have enjoyed it very much. If I don't have time to read anything else on cc, I make sure I stop by and read this. Thank you for bringing a little pleasure to my day.:D

Janet

I happy that I could bring some joy to your day, thanks for posting and following our adventure. :)

My DH and I will be headed out on our 6th or 7th cruise soon. We are still addicted and I cant imagine ever getting tired of it. Hearing the loud fog horns sound and feeling the ship start to leave port...makes me kinda teary eyed just thinking about it.

My DH went begrudgingly on our first cruise; he complained for weeks right up until the moment he stepped out onto the balcony of our junior suite (JS...how's that for a cruise virgin!). He stood there, holding a chocolate-dipped strawberry that I'd pre-arranged with champagne chilling nearby...he turns and looks at me and says, "This is the best trip I've ever been on." LOL because we hadnt even left the port yet. Reminds me of that scene from "Pretty Woman" (my fav movie of all time...) when Vivian is wearing the red dress and turns to Edward and says, "If I forget to tell you later, I had a great time."

I'm so glad you love cruising as much as the rest of your CC family here does. We havent left yet, but I'm already planning the next cruise.

That is a great descriptions of the horns, one of the coolest things that I enjoy are the horns. My favorite ones by far are the disney ones, those REALLY bring tears to my eyes. Maybe I see a disney cruise coming up ;), lol

Thanks for following me and taking the time to post on my thread, that is very kind of you.

Happy holidays

There was a lifegard there (from Dolphin Discovery), he didn't say a word to us. Spent 30-40 minutes in the Pool. It was Cool, good for us Canadians

I've noticed I'm in a couple of your Pics. Any Royalties coming my way??

Also, did you actually meet up with anyone from our CC Meet & Mingle Board??

You read my review, yayyyyyy :)

That is some good information, to have. The guide in the entrance told us about the fee to use it.

I do remember you signing the release form, remember? ;) lol

Sadly I did not meet anyone, for sailaway I was set on my location for the pictures. And I forgot to sign up for the meet and mingle and missed it, I actually regret not meeting up with anyone. Ill make sure next time I sign up in time.

Thanks for reading the review, I thought no one from our roll call was reading it.

Happy Holidays. =)

I started getting sad--cruise withdrawal--when I read the departure instructions. :( Then I remembered--I'm not really getting off now. I'll be on Allure in one week! ;):D

Thanks, Gambee, for sharing your wonderful experience with us. I really felt like I was there with you!

I know, when I saw those papers I was like "oh no, please no no no :D"

Thanks for keeping up with us, this went a little longer than expected. You are one of my top posters and for that I am very grateful.

Have to say yet again - AMAZING review and like everyone else i'm wondering what i'm going to do next week!! Almost to 1000 posts and 50 pages - you definitely have a following :)

One favour to ask though - since you've said you're going to try out different cruise lines PLEASE come back to this thread and post a link to your next review. Most of us don't frequent the other boards but are subscribed to this thread so we'll be able to relive it with you :)

That is a great idea, thank you so much for suggesting it. I will definitely do it. I was wondering how to spread the word to those followers that have supported me on this thread, that never came to my mind, brain fart :D.

Thank you so much for being one of my top posters, I really appreciate all the words of encouragement. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you :)

Loving this review....Did you notice the guy with the broken finger playing bingo?....I so want to know what happened!

I noticed that while I was stitching the picture, Flow Rider? :D

Thanks for posing :)

Thanks Gambee for all the time you have spent doing this wonderful review. I will be boarding the Allure next week for a B2B with Patty ,Nancy and a bunch of other great folks.

Hope to read another review by you in the near future.

ohhhhhh B2B, maybe one day :). I hope you have a blast!

Thanks for following my review, I really appreciate it. :)

I've been a member of Cruisecritic since 2006 and have read many reviews. Your review without question is the most detailed report I've read. Cruising on the Allure next May your timing could'nt be better. I bookmarked it and will most certainly read again next April. Thank you from all of us that soaked it all in.

Thank you for your comment and bookmarking my review as reference. I hope you have a blast on your cruise.

Happy Holidays :)

Publix? ;) I love Lauderdale, one of my favorite places! Staying for 3 days prior to my cruise on Indy this Feb.

Yup, Publix. It was good, but nowhere near as good as the one in Chops. But it hit the spot.

My wife & I will be on the Allure in Feb. so we have followed your thread with pleasure.

You have as of tonight 973 visits, fellow C C members let's get it to over 1000 visits.

Thanks for following our adventure :), I hope you guys have a blast.

No worries ill hit 1000 posts, just from self alone :D. I still have to finish this day and 150 central park. I also have 1 more drink menu to share.

Happy Holidays :)

I think I replied all the comments, please if I missed yours tell me. For some reason I think I missed one of someone offering me a martini, I remember reading it. I try my best to reply all of them, but I think that one escaped me and I can't find it.

I am currently working on the 150 part of the review, it is quite extensive.

You'll hit 1000 posts for sure but what the heck, I'll help speed it up a little :D

Again, great review and pictures. I'll make sure to buy a zoom lens for my Alaska cruise and live review :D

Alaska NEEDS a zoom lens! with all the wildlife, I think that would be my main lens when I get to go to alaska.

Thank you for the most incredible, comprehensive review:)

Quick question...is there any shade in the Solarium? It looks like there are panels of clear glass overhead. Do these provide any shade or solar protection?

With the glass panels, does it tend to get very hot?

Also, are there any shade areas at the main pool?

Quick question...is there any shade in the Solarium? It looks like there are panels of clear glass overhead. Do these provide any shade or solar protection?

thanks for following our trip :)

The only real shade in the solarium is by the restaurant on the tables. For the most part is just glass panels, they might be polarized... don't know. They really don't provide that much protection, from the sun. All that said, my mom and I are prone to skin cancer and we take a lot of measures to prevent it. We never felt threatened by the sun there, I am almost sure those glasses have some sort of protection built into them. The sun never felt intense in there, it was very mild, even on the very sunny days. The solarium never really got that hot, it can get very windy in there and it is most enjoyable. It might feel a little humid, but not horribly hot.

The main pool and the sports pool offer the least protection from the sun. We spend most of our time in the beach pool, it was our personal favorite and it offered the most protection from the sun.

Hope that helps :)

Why do I find this funny?:confused:

DSC05722_zpsf4bf7fd3.jpg

I meant to comment on this picture from earlier in the review...

Man, that car is just sexy! ;)

DSC09100_zpsfd514c06.jpg

I've seen a LOT of pictures taken in the Royal Promenade. Sort of noticed those naked 'trees' here and there. But never have I seen detail of the trees like this. Wonderful picture.

Hi Gambee,

Just half way through your review, loving it. I've just recently tried Royal Caribbean I O S for the first time. What I would like to know is with so many passengers on boeard does the ship feel crowded?

Just that we found I O S was very busy and we could not always fine a seat on the Royal Promonade for coffee and snacks. The evenings were the worst on some occasions again could not find a seat in so many of the areas.

Loving all of you photos, they are very good. Ship looks amazing.

I'm from the north east of England and have not done the caribbean before.

Catherine

Edited by north east girl

What a wonderful review. Your writing style invites everyone into your adventures and it feels like I'm there with you. I am typically one of those people who tend to skip a lot of the writing in a review and focus on the pictures, but to my surprise I was actually reading your every word. So sad to see it end but wait for you next adventure. You seem to have a very close and loving relationship with your mother which was also nice to witness along the way.

Glad you are all having such a great time and thank you for taking the time to share all this with us!!!! I'll be going on the Oasis in the future and your review makes me so much more excited for the trip.

thank you so much for this review!!! it is the best one i have ever read!!! and thanks to your review im planing my cruise on lady Allure for when the hubby is out of the Army!! Thank you so much!!! Im so sad that this review is coming to end!! Thanks to you i been on a daydream vcay for two days! :D Cant wait to see the rest!

Gamby/Gumbee-

I just friend requested you here on CC.com. Hope you don't mind.

I was wondering if you'd be able to email me copies of the daily compass from your cruise.

Many thanks!

Meapya, aka Neil

:rolleyes:

Wonderful review. I've been eyeing this ship (allure or oasis ) for the past year. Priced it for our family and just waiting to pull the trigger. Your review makes me wish I was there or on my way there. But gotta figure out when and find the best price. Either for just dh and I fifth anny sans kids or the whole family ! I can keep reading it as I know I missed a bunch but I've been reading it over the last week in my down time. ,

Then we went back to the room to change out of our wet clothes, my bf was in there. He told me he bought an internet card for $10 in the port, the $10 cover 24hrs. He told me it worked very well down there, but up here it was somewhat unpredictable.

Here is a picture of the card

DSC07398_zpsc0467856.jpg

DSC07399_zpsb087a878.jpg

And the building where he bought it.

DSC07407_zps2556253e.jpg

I took a few more pictures from the balcony

DSC07401_zps9d7654f1.jpg

DSC07402_zps42b6bcce.jpg

DSC07403_zps9abcfc77.jpg

OOH....pls do share how you did these miniturisations!!!! awsome!