Can I use spa access from another cabin ?

Athankfulheart

Here is the situation:

We did the Dream western itin in March in an aft wrap and purchased the spa pass. It was great and Id like to have it again when we sail with our children in 2014. Because of the ages of my children 21,20,18,16,13,10,8,7 - we need to book the cabins a certain way. We decided to book 2 spa inside quads and a spa inside double (next to one of the quads). I have that all worked out and Carnival OK'd the arrangement for booking purposes. I forgot to ask this question and I just dont feel like getting back on the phone merry-go-round again today so Im hoping you all can help :)

Myself, My husband and the 21 and 20yo girls want the spa access.

I will wind up in the room with the 21 and 20 because my 16yo cant be booked with them ( too far away from mom/dad) so we will have me, 21,20 and 13 in one of the spa rooms ( with only 1 and 2 having spa access)

The short version is : Can I use the access from one of the other 2 spa insides for the 3rd person in that other cabin ? Because we bought a package last time we arent familiar with how they work it when you are in spa rooms.

I'd sure be appreciative for some info so I can book accordingly.

Thanks so much for bearing with me !

I found a thread which discusses how the spa room privledges work. It seems that after we switch people around, we should be able to get the proper people access to the spa facilities.

you will be able to switch people around but only get extra cabin cabin keys. (put the luggage tag where the luggage is supposed to go not where it is written on paper.)

you will not be able to switch the sign and sail cards.

I dont see where you have the issue with the spa as you get two passes per spa cabin (the cabins that get those perks) and not all cabins on the deck get them. Hopefully you did not book any of the 1A on that deck

you will be able to switch people around but only get extra cabin cabin keys. (put the luggage tag where the luggage is supposed to go not where it is written on paper.)

I dont see where you have the issue with the spa as you get two passes per spa cabin (the cabins that get those perks) and not all cabins on the deck get them. Hopefully you did not book any of the 1A on that deck

Thanks for your help. I have not booked yet because I want to make sure that this will work out first. We plan to have all 10 of us booked into spa insides but ofcourse not everyone is old enough to use the spa. When we walk onto the ship, 3 of the spa users will be booked to the same room because of the age requirements. We will rearrange people on board but if the spa pass is tied to pax 1 and 2 from the original booking then it seems we will have a problem ?

I should add that it doesn't seem worth it ( pricing ) to move to any other area of the ship because the best price difference is still more than the cost of 4 spa weekly passes, so I would like to stay with this arrangement.

• 1 month later...

An update to my question:

We missed the other quad on the spa deck so this is what we actually did...

I called and spoke with PVP and explained the situation. We booked our family this way:

11224 - 21,20,18,16

11228 - Mom and 13

10254 - Dad, 10,8,7

PVP said he would provide a letter to show the port agent to have the 13yo (non) spa priv to dad on the lido. When we called the next day to book he changed the story and said they can't do it. We decided to book because we had already missed the 2nd quad cabin on the spa deck and didnt want to lose the one we had left. So this way the 2 oldest (girls) will have the priv from 11224 and they will trade rooms with the 2 little boys ( 8,7) and we will have all boys in 11224. I wound up calling back and upgrading a few days later to 11222 which is across the hallway, so the 13yo girl and my DH will switch once on board which creates a girls cabin on the lido for the 21,20,13 & 10yos. This was the way to have the least number of room trades and also get the spa privledges to the most people. We will plead our case at the port and see if they will give the spa privledges to my DH. If not then we will board and go to GS to switch the rooms. If DH is actually moved to 11222 then he should get the spa priv. If all else fails we will just be prepared to buy him a pass for the week. All in all I think this is going to be a super arrangement for our family.

Thanks everyone for your advice :)

This month on the Pride we had to switch people around and were issued new s&s cards to the correct people/correct room.

I really don't know how it would work as when we were on Dream we had to show our Sail & Sign cards and they were matched to the list of occupants of the cabin. I say this as we were only 2 in a spa balcony cabin so that's why I don't know what happens when there are more in a cabin or if people change cabins.

I do think the list is printed out BEFORE boarding so if you make changes to keys etc, I don't know if the SPA gets updated lists. I also don't know if GS will allow you to have spa access when/if you are changing cabins for your convenience. Good luck though.

Ok, this is how it is going to have to work for your family. You'll get two bracelets per cabin, but only six members of your camily can use the thalasso pool and termal suite at a time. The others can use it when you are not using it, but the children under 12 I wouldn't suggest they use it as most of the people who do are adults and they probably would tolerate teens.

You only get two removable bracelets per cabin, so everyone over 12 who wants to use it can use it, just not more than six at a time....

When you go to use the spa for the first time take the four eldest kids with you and all get your bracelets at that time. Once you've gotten the two bracelets all you need to do is take it off when you are not using it so the next one can use it. They do not ask for your cabin #, but they see you have the spa robe/slippers, and bracelet they they follow the procedure for that ship, which on the Splendor was to take your S&S and give you a key card to open the thalasso pool door and when done you give it back and you get your S&S back......

I do think that it will work out fine. If the girls would lose their spa access by "officially" switching rooms with the little boys then we will just keep them in their room and let them sleep in the other room. In the end I want the two oldest girls with the two youngest because at 21 and 20 they are equip to care for their sisters is an emergency arose. Granted they are just a few cabins down and on the next deck, but at 13 and 10 I want them with adults.

I figure I can ask GS if switching the girls would cause them to lose their privleges and if so we will just get extra kids. The good in that would mean that my husband switching with my 13yo would GAIN him those privleges - so a bit of inconvenience but $150 saved.

Ok, this is how it is going to have to work for your family. You'll get two bracelets per cabin, but only six members of your camily can use the thalasso pool and termal suite at a time. The others can use it when you are not using it, but the children under 12 I wouldn't suggest they use it as most of the people who do are adults and they probably would tolerate teens.

You only get two removable bracelets per cabin, so everyone over 12 who wants to use it can use it, just not more than six at a time....

That information is incorrect. You MUST be over 18 to use the spa facilities. It is an adults only area.

I do think that it will work out fine. If the girls would lose their spa access by "officially" switching rooms with the little boys then we will just keep them in their room and let them sleep in the other room. In the end I want the two oldest girls with the two youngest because at 21 and 20 they are equip to care for their sisters is an emergency arose. Granted they are just a few cabins down and on the next deck, but at 13 and 10 I want them with adults.

I figure I can ask GS if switching the girls would cause them to lose their privleges and if so we will just get extra kids. The good in that would mean that my husband switching with my 13yo would GAIN him those privleges - so a bit of inconvenience but $150 saved.

Just saw my typo. I will NOT ask GS for extra "kids" but WILL ask for extra "keys". FWIW, I only plan to use spa for myself, DH, and my 21 and 20yo daughters. My 13yo would love it but knows it is for adults only. I love my 13yo but I still appreciate an adults only experience and I would never impose my children upon other adults who are enjoying the same, no matter how well behaved they are.

Per Carnival's website under FAQs: "Spa Carnival and fitness center: Guests under 12 years of age are not permitted in these facilities. Guests between the ages of 12 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times."

Unfortunately, when you continue reading you find out that they may only be in the spa for paid services such as the salon. They (under 18) are specifically forbidden use of the pool and thermal suite. Its a bummer, but I understand.

Guests must be at least 18 years of age to reserve spa treatments online and to receive treatments or utilize spa facilities. Reservations made by underage guests are subject to cancellation. Once you are onboard the ship, you will have the opportunity to book a treatment from our ZSPA menu for teens, a selection of services for guests between the ages of 13-17, or simply ask the Spa Manager about other treatment options for younger guests. Salon services are available to guests of all ages. Fitness facilities are available to minor guests (12 to 16 years old) when accompanied by an adult. Please see restrictions posted outside the Fitness Center.

There is another place where it specifically mentioned the pool and thermal suites, but I dont have it handy.

Found it !

Spa Facilities - Guests must be at least 18 years of age to receive body treatments or utilize spa facilities, as well as use of the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool at the Cloud 9 Spas. Anyone under 18 can have any spa treatments as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian for the duration of the service.

Archived