jfk flights?

conderost

what airline, flights out of jfk to barcelona and back from rome? are they direct flights? what airline do they use?

The direct flight would be with Delta and maybe check American.

Careful about the lingo. In airline talk a Direct flight is one that makes a stop but you don't change planes. So if the reservationist says you're on a Direct flight, do not think it's a non-stop flight. It won't be.

Always helps to speak the same language so that there are no surprises. :)

what airline, flights out of jfk to barcelona and back from rome? are they direct flights? what airline do they use?

Most of the major international carriers fly between JFK-BCN and JFK-FCO. You might be able to fly non-stop on Delta or American, but expect to pay a premium for the convenience (above and beyond Oceania's $50 p/p deviation fee). Otherwise, if you want your free air to be just that, you can expect they'll put you aboard via Lufthansa, Air France, or BA with a change of planes somewhere inbetween.

Most of the major international carriers fly between JFK-BCN and JFK-FCO. You might be able to fly non-stop on Delta or American, but expect to pay a premium for the convenience (above and beyond Oceania's $50 p/p deviation fee).

Richard that is not necessarily true..you do not always have to pay a premium on a non-stop..

Jan

How about joining Stuart and I on the Panama Canal in January?

Most of the major international carriers fly between JFK-BCN and JFK-FCO. You might be able to fly non-stop on Delta or American, but expect to pay a premium for the convenience (above and beyond Oceania's $50 p/p deviation fee).

Richard that is not necessarily true..you do not always have to pay a premium on a non-stop..

Jan

How about joining Stuart and I on the Panama Canal in January?

We wish we could, and for Judy to meet the "Miracle Man" in person, but it comes a little too soon after our November cruise and we need to let our vacation balances rebuild themselves before taking off for another two weeks!!! (If Oceania had gone ahead with its April 05 Inaugural cruise for the Nautica, we would have been ready for another cruise by next January, but alas and alack).

Although one might not have to pay a premium for some non-stops, Oceania hasn't been able to find us seats on Delta's non-stop between JFK and ATH without paying a differential (which can be pretty significant for four travellers). Since the cruise isn't until November, do you think we may have a better chance once Oceania brings its Air Services operations inhouse, given Mary Kucera's Delta ties?

If you remember the day you came to the hoapital was the day they told me to prepare myself..he wouldnt make it..and look at him now..his memory is better than mine and he is walking with just a cane when he is tired..

I hope you can get a better flight when Oceanias air comes in house but no one can promise that..Oceania is moving to new Corpoate Headquarters next week and will have room to bring in the air department..

Regards to you and Judy,

Jan

Yup, I remember that afternoon. It truly is a miracle how Stu has progressed so far so fast! He's been in our prayers since we heard about his collapse. And you've been too! :-)

Archived