Extreme Elegance Limo Service Houston Hobby to Galveston

Michael Kays

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from Houston International. We used Extreme Elegance for both legs of the transfer.

Our flight was moved from one gate to another upon arrival. The driver was still waiting for us by the luggage claim, as promised.

At the port, I suggested we meet at 9:00 AM. Our driver called at 8 letting us know he was there. We were off the ship by 9:10, and a few minutes later, our car was there. The price was much less than the other companies. $ 130.00 for the sedan, pick up at baggage claim, and $ 120.00 for the sedan, back to the airport. This included the gratuity. I highly recommend them!

• 1 month later...

I just returned this past weekend and posted a separate reply about the awful experience and customer service I received. Upon arrival at the scheduled time at HOU, there was no driver to be found 20 minutes after we got our luggage. No one answering phones- - luckily they showed up, no apology. the return ride was MUCh worse, scheduled and prepaid for 9:00am -- I called at 8:52am to let me know know disembarkation was going slowly, said no problem, arrive outside at 9:15 to no car. After calling 4 diffrent numbers, finally reached Patricia who told me their driver, obviously contracted out, took someone else and would be back in 1 1/2 hours. i felt trapped since I prepaid and they had my card, said would give me a credit, still hasn't shown up -- car was old and dingy, driver was rude, can't get anyone to pick up a call from me on any of their 6 phone numbers -- don't use them.

We used Extreme Elegance for our cruise out of Galveston in March and were satisfied. I'd done a LOT of research beforehand and had read every review I could get my hands on and received many, many quotes from various companies.

I received a quote from Ray at EE of $210 for a 1-way transfer from the Marriott at IAH to Galveston in a 10 passenger stretch limo. That included everything - gratuity, fuel charges etc... I thought it was a good deal considering the transfers through the cruiseline were $35/person and we had 6 in our group. Ray always responded to my e-mails quickly and gave me the option of pre-paying with a credit card or paying the driver in cash. (We decided to pay cash.) We flew into IAH late on Friday March 22 and spent the night at the Marriott right at the airport. Around 8 AM Saturday March 23, my driver called to confirm our pick-up time. He was there at 10 AM sharp - right when he said he would be. The car was a bit older than I expected it to be and it did surprise us to see the logo of another company on it but we guessed that he contracted with EE as we've seen that in other cities with limo service as well.

Our drive to the port was uneventful (took about an hour) and the only issue we had was that, once we unloaded the luggage and paid him, our driver counted the money I'd handed him and said that he was expecting $220 - not $210. I quickly dug out my cell phone to show him all of the e-mails I'd exchanged with Ray that clearly stated that $210 was the agreed-upon price. He didn't ask to see them, though, and apologized for the misunderstanding.

Also would not recommend extreme elegance. Had reservations for transportation from hobby to Galveston the day before my cruise. Give them my flight info when I booked and they said they would call my cell on my way to baggage claim. My flight ended up being about 15 minutes late, I made my way to baggage claim, found my bag and never did receive a call. waited for 15 minutes and then started calling numbers until I finally got an answer. They told me "we tried to call but no one answered". I explained to them that my flight was a few minutes late and they had obviously called before my flight even landed (and my phone was off). Then they told me to wait 10 mins and they would have someone there. I waited another 20 mins and no one ever showed so I just hopped in a cab. Luckily I didn't prepay so I wasn't out anything but it was definitely not a great feeling standing at the airport wondering if my ride was ever gonna show. I'm not sure why everyone seems to frown upon just grabbing a cab from hobby to Galveston. I got a flat rate of $100 in a nice suv with plenty of room. In my opinion a cab is the only way to go, so convenient, not much more $ than a town car and you KNOW they will be there.

Well I just returned from our trip using EE. I booked round trip in a sedan for $190. Pickup was downtown Houston at the hyatt. Our pick up time was 11 the driver did not get there until 11:45. I didn't mind to much since we were running a little late as well. He showed up in a stretch limo which was a nice surprise. It was just 2 of us in this big car. The driver was kind and the trip was uneventful. Now the return trip was truly a hot mess. Our pick up time was 1 so, we could look at the shops in Galveston b4hand. Well 1 came and went. I called the number and got Patricia who was helpful. Although the driver claimed he had an accident and then it changed to a flat tire. He arrived about 2:15 and the car was older & dingy. When he got out to put the luggage in the trunk it wouldn't open. It took a few minutes for him to get in. He was nice enough though. We arrived safely and made our flight. I won't be in Texas anytime soon but, I would probably look elsewhere next time. The price was good but, it was kind of scary calling all the numbers and no one answering especially when u prepay.

Archived