SFO to San Juan, connection in Dallas or Miami?

IBookHePays

45 minutes is a bit tight. I never book flights with under a 60 minute connection. When I have had flights with less than an hour connection, I've made the connection but my checked bags didn't.

Its possible to make in MIA, particularly since its a domestic flight. But I would stress out too much over it.

DALLAS

Smaller airport easy to transfer terminals ...but can get delays because of weather

hope you are flying in the day before whatever one you choose

Dallas is not a small airport.

One of the largest airports.

I've taken hundred of flights there and I would not go with a 45 minute connection even though it is a legal connection.

Keith

Dallas is not a small airport.

One of the largest airports.

I've taken hundred of flights there and I would not go with a 45 minute connection even though it is a legal connection.

Keith

I said SMALLER

I am not sure if it is smaller than Miami but certainly easier to do the connection & if no issues with weather other other delays you can do it in 45 min

Lyn

I said SMALLER

I am not sure if it is smaller than Miami but certainly easier to do the connection & if no issues with weather other other delays you can do it in 45 min

Lyn

Lyn. Dallas is a larger airport than Miami.

Either way, I just wouldn't do a 45 minute connection in either airport or most others.

I would just piece together two flights that provide a longer connection such as one that is 90 minutes.

Having flown almost weekly for many years I guess I have just seen too much that can go wrong at any airport.

Keith

I can get into San Juan 45 minutes earlier if I connect in Miami vs. DFW...there's a 45 minute layover. Last time I was in Miami, it was a zoo.

Does it matter which airport I connect in? I sure would hate to miss that connection!

I am not sure which airline you are considering.

American Airlines has several flight options from San Francisco to San Juan via DFW with layovers of 2 to 3 hours. If this was me, that is what I would do.

Keith

I am not sure which airline you are considering.

American Airlines has several flight options from San Francisco to San Juan via DFW with layovers of 2 to 3 hours. If this was me, that is what I would do.

Keith

Thanks for all your responses. I do know AA has a lot of options, I was just trying to get there a little sooner!

But that 45 minute layover has me rethinking that...I'd hate to a) miss my connection, or b) make it but my luggage doesn't!

Looks like I'll be having lunch in Dallas!:D

Thanks for all your responses. I do know AA has a lot of options, I was just trying to get there a little sooner!

But that 45 minute layover has me rethinking that...I'd hate to a) miss my connection, or b) make it but my luggage doesn't!

Very wise decision.

Better to not have to take chances with connections with flights running so full.

If you are fortunate and your flight is leaving out of the International Terminal (I know that Puerto Rico is part of the USA but often flights go out of that terminal for places such as Puerto Rico) they have some very nice restaurants there. If not but you have time you can take the tram over there.

Keith

You will not go hungry

http://www.dfwairport.com/shops/index.php

The Skytrain is very fast between terminals

Archived