Reps responsibilty to meet a delayed travellor?

Jimsgirl

Booked Air/Hotel/Transport to hotel with the cruise line. Flight from home airport delayed 2hrs+, was still in air when transatlantic flight took off, (from Atlanta) caught next flight which got to Gatwick 2 hrs later than origiinal flight. No rep, no transport, phone calls brought answer "if you arrived late you are on your own"

Yes it was the air lines fault the first plane was late taking off,but I felt the Cruise line rep should have stayed for the next flight "just in case" After all Delta only have 3 flights a day to Gatwick from Atlanta. (My original flight was the 2nd, so obviously the 3rd was a viable alternative.) There were scores of delayed passengers, though I was the only one on that cruise with that line. When I finally reached the hotel, although the info sheet said a rep would be there and all the wonderful things she would assist me with, needless to say there was no rep. Explanation was "it is Sunday reps do not work on Sundays"

They (the cruise line and the agency they employed) must have known the date was a Sunday. Next day Monday, the rep did not have time to take care of me, (my luggage had remained in Atlanta when I arrived in London) she was double booked to be in two locations at the same time.

I thought when you booked Air /Hotel with the cruise line they did take care of you if something went wrong that clearly was not your fault.

I have never had that problem but I would think that rep should be at the airport to meet you Sunday or not. If the cruiseline offers the service then they should make sure they employ reps that work when the cruiseline has scheduled flights.

If you booked a pre -cruise hotel I am sure others must have also from different flights.

If the Rep was going to meet your original flight then she could have checked to see if other flight were arriving from Atlanta.

What was the cruiseline?

I would write to them requesting a refund of the transfer fee.

Maybe post under the specific cruiseline board to see if anyone had the same problem.

Cruise Line was Cunard. Agency informed me that "reps" do not meet at Gatwick,they rely on the driver of the transport. I was also told that "I could hardly expect a rep to meet me since I was the only passenger arriving from Atlanta" and also that "I was the only passenger staying at that hotel" - even though the hotel was that featured in Cunard brochure.

Apparently this cruise had very very few Americans on board, 90% were British as Cunard sold this cruise at VERY VERY REDUCED RATES IN UK. It was literally at "give away prices" but only in the UK, Americans paid regular rates, plus air, plus hotel, plus transfer.

I cancelled a Cunard cruise for 49 days in Jan 2006 as soon as I got back home.!

Archived