Luggage Tag Color

SuiteCruisin14

Good Morning

We are sailing on the Gem on Tuesday, I had a Mini Suite on deck 10 and the color of the luggage tags were Green. We upgraded to an Aft PH Suite on deck 8 and the tags are still Green, should they be a different color now?

I have a call to my PCC but Cruise Critic always knows the answer.

Lynda

When we sailed aboard the Star Sept 30th, the Gem and the Star were in port at the same time, right next to each other. Very chaotic. Anyway, I was concerned that our luggage would get switched to the Gem by mistake. The longshoreman, luggage porter, advised me the Gem had all Green Tags and the Star had all Blue tags to make the bags easily visible. We also upgraded from a balcony cabin to an aft penthouse suite and were told to use the same tags, just cross out the old cabin number and write the new cabin number in. In short, everything worked out fine. Hope this helps and have a great cruise! :)

Thanks for all the answers and support. While losing luggage would not kill the cruise it would dent it considerably. I always have a carryon with a full change of clothing so we would have at least 1 change with us. We are not flying so I know the luggage will get to NYC port.

I have been on cruises before, guess I was just used to different colors.

3 days and counting.

Lynda

Archived