OK Ladies What?

ncshp955

Dear husband, dear wife, etc.

I've been married to a wonderful man for 30 years but he doesn't have a clue how to be romantic. I would love to be surprised with roses and candy when we walk in our room. Its always me doing the surprising. :( but I've come to grips with it along time ago. Last (and first) cruise we had inside cabin. This time he thinks we have a porthole room. I upgraded to a cove balcony. I guess I've learned to pamper myself. Lol

Hey keystonemamma we must be married to twins. My husband of 32 years pours us a glass of wine, takes me to an upper deck and hums while we dance under the stars. To me this is worth more than a dozen rose, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a diamond bracelet combined (okay forget the bracelet) but you get the drift. To me - the most romantic gift he can give me is himself.

Lol, exactly. Like I saw someone else on here say they go to the back of the ship everynite for the stars, we do too! It's the best part of the entire day together. BTW OP, DH doesn't dance but so-so, but he gives a great try and that is what counts, I am even brave enough to wear toeless heels! :p

Happy Sailing,

Some of these posted ideas are pretty expensive. After all the money we spend on the cruise, flights, hotels and excursions, I'm not sure I'd feel good about my DH spending so much more for flowers, spa, etc.

My vote would be for the dancing. And OP, I think you said you don't dance too well...no problem, just hang onto her and let her sway in your arms and it will be just fine...lots of people pretend to dance by doing that and no one else even notices (except me, obviously :D)

Whatever you choose to do, I am sure she'll love it!

Ok ladies, what would you like for your DH do for you to make your cruise special? Will be our 35th anniversary and want to do something special. Will be on the Dream in May. Any ideas?:confused:

I have seen many post that while may sound great can be expensive. While I am not married, I love romance and to me the only place that can come is from the heart. Like dont buy me roses on Valentines Day just because it is expected, by me my favorite color flower instead, it will show you put heart into. So that being said my ideas are as follows.

-Breakfast in bed (Go to the Lido deck and wake her up to her favorite things)

-Bring a card from home, or even a letter informing her of how much you have enjoyed having her by your side for the past 30+ years.

-Then let he decide what she would like to do for the day (too often moms and wives worry about everyone else's happiness, and feel gulity if we speak up about something we dont really want to do)

-If you have a balcony room after dinner take her back to the room, and you have a quiet spot to sway back and forth in each others arms, and not worry about what you look like. (Trust me if you have been married that long she knows you do not like to dance, but offering to do so just because you love her will make it that much more amazing!!!

Congrats on your upcoming cruise, and what every you choose will be fine, many women are happy just spending time with the one she loves!!!

Book the steakhouse and before getting ready, head to the gym or spa bathrooms and shower and get ready there while your wife gets ready in the stateroom, then go and "pick her up" from the stateroom for your "date". - with flowers if possible ;) I wish you 35 more!

Archived