Labadee in 1984 (Coco Beach)

Toddcan

Thanks for posting these pics, very interesting!

Found this article about Labadee from '87 which may be of interest as well.

I love the line "...the New Sovereign of the Seas" when they talk about which ships call on Labadee. Very neat article indeed. I feel very old when I read articles from when I was in college and they seem "historic".

• 2 weeks later...

I love the photos of Labadee from the 80's, thanks so much for posting. There's a brand new two page photo of the peninsula in the February 2013 issue of Caribbean Travel and Life magazine. It's a beautiful aerial photo and shows Labadee from a vantage point that a cruise ship passenger doesn't get to see.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the beautiful photos and the excellent information. I remember in the early 90s when RCL temporarily ceased calling at Labadee during the time of unrest in Haiti, and called at Coco Cay instead. After stopping at Labadee in early 2007, I was disappointed I went to Coco Cay in the early 90s instead of Labadee. It was, and actually still is, gorgeous. Sadly, they built the cruise pier on what I found to be the most beautiful beach there, Hideaway Beach, which of course is no more.

• 3 years later...