Event in Ft. Lauderdale weekend of Feb. 2-3?

tennisobo

February is what they call "season" in Florida which equates to prime tourists time and higher hotel rates. You can expect to pay anywhere from $125 - $250+ for a single night on a weekend in Ft.Lauderdale. Check the Hampton Inns / Homewood Suites (if thats your taste) in Davie / Dania Beach. You should be able to get them for about $125 or so and you're still within 15 minutes of the port. Both usually offer free transporatation to the port if you're not renting a car. We use them for business meetings and they're clean and close to anything you could want. Hope this helps.

Rates seem to be higher this Feb even at the hotels near the airport. I'd book something you can find on lastminutetravel or other site which you can cancel later if rates drop nearer the date. HOWEVER....you are looking at a weekend stay in Feb. Crazy time around port cities.

What do you consider "affordable?" At that time, I'd be happy spending $150 for a "decent" place. And it won't be beach or downtown unless using priceline or other blind site a couple weeks before.

I see on lmt, that you could get Gallery One for $160. Nice property near beach/downtown.

Rates seem to be higher this Feb even at the hotels near the airport. I'd book something you can find on lastminutetravel or other site which you can cancel later if rates drop nearer the date. HOWEVER....you are looking at a weekend stay in Feb. Crazy time around port cities.

What do you consider "affordable?" At that time, I'd be happy spending $150 for a "decent" place. And it won't be beach or downtown unless using priceline or other blind site a couple weeks before.

I see on lmt, that you could get Gallery One for $160. Nice property near beach/downtown.

We booked Last Minute Travel and got a marina view at Pier 66 for around $150. I booked it last summer though. Not sure if that matters. Maybe give LMT a try?

Archived