Flight out Monday, day in Miami, what to do?

teamkern

We get back into port on Sunday from our Breeze cruise. We booked a flight out Monday and are not sure what to do Sunday. We probably know we cannot get our room at the hotel until around 2-3:00. Do you think we should stay on the boat as long as possible and then get a taxi to airport, or rent a car and try and enjoy the day in Miami. What to do for a day in Miami? We will be with our two kids 12 and 14. We are in port a day pre-cruise as well.

I would be in the last group off the ship.

I can't quite tell where you are staying.

If you are staying in Miami I would just head over to the hotel and see if you can get an early check in While the hotel will not guarantee this, if there are rooms that are clean they will give you them. If not, they will check you in and you could have them hold your luggage and go out and about.

Keith

The hotel will take your bags and they can call you on your cell when your room is ready. We have been lucky and got room assignments as early as 9:00. Just depends on vacancies.

I would head to South Beach for the day. Especially if you aren't going there precruise. Your kids would appreciate that whole look of the "TV" Miami. Take a Miami Ducks tour which will include the trip around the mansions of "famous people" on Star Island.

Where are you staying pre and post?

The hotel will take your bags and they can call you on your cell when your room is ready. We have been lucky and got room assignments as early as 9:00. Just depends on vacancies.

I would head to South Beach for the day. Especially if you aren't going there precruise. Your kids would appreciate that whole look of the "TV" Miami. Take a Miami Ducks tour which will include the trip around the mansions of "famous people" on Star Island.

Where are you staying pre and post?

Thanks for the idea. We are staying pre at Courtyard downtown Miami, and post at the Hyatt House Miami Airport.

Archived